five

isabella's pov:

"hi i am like so sorry. i didn't mean to honk the horn like the thing is that i was like um falling asleep because i had like no sleep last night and i am just so tired so you know i was about to take a nap and my head just like fell and hit the honk button and you know i'm sorry again. i am just a clumsy person and also a rambler which is-" i was cut off by a hand over my mouth. i looked up to see the prince in front of me with his hand on my mouth. now why is the world would he- oh i was rambling. yea got it now.

"um sorry you were just rambling and it got like annoying" he said while taking his hand off my mouth.

annoying? ok well that was very disrespectful, some people find my rambling amusing and cute and when i say people i mean katie.

"oh uh sorry about that" i said.

it was awkward now. he was just staring at me, his friend staring at him seeing what he was gonna do, and just me trying to look anywhere else but the two of them. i knew he wasn't gonna remember me, stupid katie and her stupid brain for thinking it was ok to honk the horn.

"you" nathaniel said all of a sudden.

"huh" i said confused looking back to him.

"you, you're the girl from earlier, from the woods" he said like everything clicked in his mind.

ok so he does remember me.

"oh yea um that's me" i said all awkwardly, i bet katie is having a blast watching this.

"yea you called my cigarette a cancer stick"

"you were smoking!?" his friend exclaimed.

"oh shush it was just one cigarette"

"omg i cannot with you today" his friend mumbled.

i looked at his friend and back to him, "um yea i did call it a cancer stick, i got the term from the classic the outsiders"

"the what?" he asked.

"holy shit have you never read or seen the outsiders, it is a fucking classic. like do you even read books?"

there is no way this man has never read this book. it's one of the best books of all times, well sure there are better books than it, but still it's an amazing book.

"first off, i do read, and second, the classics i read is stuff like the great gatsby or pride and prejudice or even how to kill a mockingbird" he said moving closer to me.

"well those are amazing books, but you just have to read the outsiders, i means it's funny, and even depressing. i think you'll like the depressing part of it since you seem like you live a depressing life" i said teasingly.

he winced, "ouch low-blow"

"oh well i love giving low-blows" i said moving even closer to him.

you could probably smell the tension a mile away, that's probably why his friend turned the other way and why i see in the corner of my eye katie peeking her head up with her eyes wide. we just stared at each other until he smirked and backed up.

he cleared his throat, "so what are doing here?"

shit. fuck. i can't tell him how i'm basically a chauffeur. um ok, i lie. yes, i lie but in a kinda correct way?

"oh i was just dropping off my step-mother and step-sister"

"are you a chauffeur or something" he chuckled.

"oh no i just wanted to get out of the house and they um needed a driver so i offered."

"uh huh" he said unconvincingly. "well um i have to-"

"i'm really a princess from italy" i said. now why on earth did i say that. fuck. omg i think i might shoot myself this second, but at least it got his attention. god i'm such an attention seeker.

"i'm sorry what" he said surprised.

"mhm yea, i moved here when i was 8, uh i have to go back in a month though, to marry some guy to become queen."

"really?"

"mhm" i nodded

"do you even know the guy?"

"uh well no, it's an arranged marriage my step-mother wants to do."

where the hell am i going with this lie?

"well that's not fair for you"

"what do you mean?" i chuckled nervously and shifting from one foot to the other.

"what i mean is that you deserve to live your own life how you want to. i mean i'm guessing you're 18 right?"

"uh yea, but what does-"

he cuts me off, "ok see,you deserve your own freedom bella. it's your life and you have to live it through your eyes, not through your step-mothers" he said stepping closer to me.

i just stared at him, having no idea what to say, it was getting a little too real. i had to get out of here before i start crying or some shit.

i blinked and responded, "um uh yea thanks but i have to go, sorry" i mumbled the last part. i turned around walked to my car with tears in my eyes. i knew he was right, but it's not like i can actually run away. god, i'm not even a princess. if i were to ever run away, elizabeth would find me and god knows what she would do. once i got to the car, i turned it on and backed out and left the back of the castle to the front. 

"bells what happened" katie asked cautiously.

"nothing, i don't want to talk about it right now."

nathaniel's pov:

i just stood there staring at the spot where bella stood. what i was telling her was the same thing i told myself for my entire life. that it is my life and my parents. i should've got her number cause now i am not going to be able to forget her. i sighed and turned around to see aaron looking at me angrily, confusingly, and amusingly all at the same time, is that even possible? well it sure is now.

"ok hit me with the questions because i know you have some"

"some? i have many. first with, did u sleep with her?" he asked seriously.

my eyes widen, "i'm sorry?"

"you heard me, did u sleep with her"

"what no, why would you even think that"

"well i don't know man you guys seemed to have a lot of tension"

i rolled my eyes, "oh shut up"

he chuckled, "anyways, a princess? maybe you could marry her. save you both the trouble."

"yea i didn't even know she was a princess, but no man i don't even know her"

"but you could get to know her"

"can you like shut up"

"oh come on, you know you like her"

"no i don't, and enough with this conversation. can we leave already"

"oh shit yea come on let's go"

we started to walk towards our car. the whole way i was thinking about this bella. she's interesting that's for sure. she makes me feel normal, like i'm not a prince just a normal boy. sure i don't like her, but i'm interested in her. i want to get to know her more, because i know she's hiding a lot, you can just tell. i want her to feel comfortable enough around me to tell me her darkest secrets. god, i sound like a total dork. maybe if i go to 'her spot' i'll run into her again. yep, that's the plan. i'll go tomorrow.