seven

isabella's pov:

he was staring at me. i could feel him just looking at me and inspecting me and i hated it. i was trying not to pay too much attention to it because i needed to finish this dress, but god it's the prince who's staring at me. a very attractive prince. i probably look terrible right now, i didn't even have time to do my hair or my makeup i just put my hair in a messy bun. though it's not like i knew the prince was going to be here. god why is he even here like he just showed up out of nowhere, kinda creepy if you ask me. i'm even surprised i gave him an earpiece.

a new song started playing and it was stockholm syndrome by one direction. fuck. i hope he's a fan cause if not i'm about to be mega embarrassed.

"is this one direction?" i heard him ask.

shit.

i looked at him, "uh yea, is that problem?"

"i just didn't picture you as a one direction fan"

"well i feel offended, i mean who isn't a one direction fan" i chuckled.

"um me"

i looked at him. just starring at him. speechless.

"you don't like one direction" i finally said.

he shrugged, "not their biggest fan"

"you're lying"

he shook his head, "nope"

i paused the music.

"are you serious? i mean i get why some people are not a fan, but you can't lie they have some great songs."

he scoffed, "name one"

"sure, stockholm syndrome, midnight memories, diana, little black dress, half a he-"

"ok i think i get it, i said name one not like a hundred" he said interrupting me.

"are you sure, cause i could keep on going"

"yea i'm pretty sure"

"alright if you say so" i sighed.

silence took over and i went back to my design. though, of course i unpaused the music. the dress elizabeth wanted for rebecca was for a masquerade and i wanted the dress to be simple but something the prince will notice. yea i might hate rebecca but i love creating new dresses. when i finish the dress i'll head to my dad's boutique and ask julia to help me bring my dress to life. god i haven't seen julia in forever. i was about about to grab a new pencil from my bag when nathaniel grabbed my arm.

i looked at him to his hand on my arm back to him, "yes?"

he let go of my arm, "um i was just gonna say how this friday my parents are hosting this masquerade for the people. though honestly it's just for me to meet all the girls and get to know them to you know have my options open."

he was avoiding eye contact the entire time he was speaking and it seemed as if he was nervous? like i make him nervous, isn't that crazy? i mean like he's the prince for god's sake, girls would kill to be in my position right now.

"uh yea i heard, sounds nice. but um why are you telling me this?" i chuckled awkwardly.

"oh right um i was telling you because i was hoping you could come, you know wouldn't be bad to see a friendly face" he looked me in the eyes hopefully.

"oh" oh? seriously bella, that's all you could say. nathaniel goddamn chambers the prince for goodness sake just asked you if you could go to the masquerade cause he wouldn't mind seeing you and you said 'oh'. god kill me now.