The Mountain

Inside the war room there was nothing but senseless fear induced arguing between the war council members. The council members consisted of Heda and a general from each of the twelve clans. Since Polis was not part of any clan territory and was a neutral territory, it had its own army in which I was the general of.

Mountain men have been spotted near a small Trikru village located alongside the river running through the territory. The river serves as the boundary line between Trikru lands and the mountains territory. We have a strict law about the boundary line, if anyone is to cross into the mountains territory they will be killed. Heda has been very firm about this, especially since the coalition was formed. Weve discovered that the mountain men would use war as a guise to raid and kidnap people for whatever reason that they take them.

Now that the coalition is formed and there is no war between the clans, the mountains activity has been made quite obvious. Due to this fact, they have been much more blunt in their actions. The number of reaper attacks and mountain men sightings have been multiplied and people are getting scared. Heda has ordered Trikru to place several warriors along the river's boundary and make sure that no one crosses. Orders are if anyone attempts to cross, stop them. If the warriors fail in stopping individuals from crossing, then kill them. Heda does not want to risk a war between the clans and the mountain unless absolutely necessary.

Currently the only general that was not stating their opinion was from Floukru. I was wondering why they were even here, Floukru is located in the middle of the ocean and so the mountain issue doesnt even affect them. Thats not even mentioning the fact that they are a pacifist clan. Either way we are not getting anywhere with the way this meeting is going.

Catching Hedas eye at the head of the table, she nods approval in my nonverbal request. Mentally thanking Lexa, I stand from my chair and slam my hands on the table to catch everyone's attention. I have grown to be a very large and powerful man and I have a reputation to match. If I am to speak, people will listen.

Generals, brothers and sisters in arms. Yesterday we faced each other on the battlefield, today we face the mountain. Will we continue to face the mountain tomorrow or will we face each other once more? I ask aloud to the gathered men and women. If we continue to argue and spew senseless insults at one another we will be enemies once more. All the progress each and every one of us has made will be for nought. Heda has formed this coalition to grow as one clan, not to stand and bicker like children while a foe who has been tormenting us all for generations looms on the horizon.

Pausing in my little speech, I can see that my words are definitely having an impact on my audience. These clans have been fighting for decades so every once in a while all it takes is a little bit of a nudge to get them on the right path.

You are all generals of each of your great clans, the best of the best. You are all great warriors but its time you learn that not all battles are with weapons. There are battles of wills, and there are battles in subterfuge. The mountain is very good at reconnaissance due to their guns. But we are better when it comes to stealth and camouflage. We need to start using that to our advantage! I finish loudly, causing many of the generals present to shout their agreement with my words.

Smiling at their approval I look towards Lexa, she is also looking at me with approval which brings me pride.

Well said, my shield. As The Shield has just said, you are not enemies anymore. You all are brothers and sisters in arms and we need to combine our brain power and come up with a plan to deal with the mountain. Lexa encouraged, while sending a message of unity.

Its been multiple years since the coalition has formed and yet some days the clans act like it was just formed yesterday.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*