A New Threat

I couldnt believe it, The Ark. I hadnt thought of them for a long time. After a few months on the ground they damn near left my subconscious entirely. With both Lexa and Matthew, I already had more than I ever did on The Ark. The only thing I had up there was Markus Kane, and what did he do? He used me as a sacrificial lamb. Once Lexa and Matthew showed me what a real family was and what real love meant, I realized that Markus didnt love me like I thought he did. Since then I had pushed the Ark entirely out of my mind; Until today that is.

There was a large dropship falling from the sky, or at least that is what it looks to be. It looked like a larger version of the one that I came down in, a much larger version. Lexa and I stared at it as it fell, once it got low enough in altitude the parachutes deployed, slowing it down to a safe landing speed. When it vanished over the tree line Lexa turned towards me, a string of questions on the tip of her tongue.

James, do you know what that was? Do you know where it came from? How far away do you think it landed? Do you think that whoever came down is hostile? Lexa asked, still in shock by what she had just seen. I had told her all about my life on The Ark before I came to the ground so it doesnt surprise me she would ask me all these questions.

I believe it was a dropship of some kind, a rather large one.Which means that its filled with much more than a single passenger from The Ark. Since they never followed me down when I was younger, I believe it is safe to assume that they still dont know that there are survivors on the ground. Meaning this, whoever came down this time is another last ditch effort experiment.

I tell her honestly, while we make our way to Anya.

Entering Anyas hut, I notice a little girl with her this time. Lexa sees my questioning gaze towards the little girl and informs me on who she is. That is Tris, Anyas second. Nodding my head in understanding, I stood back a little and allowed Lexa and Anya to discuss what just happened outside.

Tris, go find Lincoln and tell him to get here now. Anya says hurriedly, turning to the little girl by her side. Once Tris leaves the hut, Anyas face gets grave.

Anya, these invaders have not landed far. We must be wary of them. Lexa tells Anya concerned. No one else besides Lexa knows that I am from The Ark and we plan to keep it that way. The people of the clans know me and trust me, that trust may diminish if they knew the truth.

Anya nodded her head in understanding at Lexas words. I plan to dispatch a scout to the landing site and have them report any and all information available. No sooner than when Anya had finished speaking, Lincoln, led by Tris, entered the tent.

Well done, Tris. Anya praises her second, then looks to Lincoln. Lincoln, you will be heading to the landing sight of whatever it was that fell from the sky. You will report any and all information you come across. Their weapons, supplies, activities, their numbers. Is that understood? Anya demands, with a sense of urgency.

Understood. Lincoln confirms, hurrying out of the hut to complete his mission.

Anya, I give you full permission to handle the invaders any way that you see fit. Whether they are here to make peace, or to make war, I have faith that you will make the right decision. Lexa says honestly, then turns around to inform me of the next plan of action. My Shield, we will return to Polis and inform the ambassadors of the new potential threat.

Of course my Heda. I affirm, following Lexa out of the hut and to our horse. I decided that it would be best if we were out of Ton DC to discuss what I knew of The Ark. Once we retrieved our horse from Ton DCs stables and thanked the stableman, we started our journey back to Polis at a fast pace.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Well, I think this has been a very informative trip. I joked, finally breaking the silence after an hour. Ever since we left Ton DC I could tell that Lexa was lost in thought.