XVI

16th Chapter

Oikawa left the practice even after you had forbidden him a lot. He spent the rest of the day with you. You were studying and he was just sitting beside you.

But just that action of his motivated you a lot.

You are walking home with Oikawa from the library.

"Y/N," he calls you.

You pause to listen to him.

"Can I ask for something?"

"Sure," you nod.

"Don't participate in VBC anymore. Leave the position of the manager, please?"

You knew he would say it but did not think he would say it so fast.

"I will manage, Toru. I can study for a longer period like today," You try to give excuses.

"Then my girlfriend won't remain healthy anymore," he pouts and you sigh.

"For my sake, please?" He tries again.

"Okay, give me some time to think."

He lits up, "Sure, love."

Just then a cat comes to him. Oikawa picks it up.

"What's your name, lil kitty?" Oikawa sings.

"Can you put it down?" Oikawa clearly knows how terrified you are of cats because of your trauma due to an incident.

You got bitten badly by a cat and were sick as a child because of it.

"Don't you want to pet him?" He tries to bring the cat closer to you.

"You know very well that I don't and why."

"But still, don't you think you should not remain in the past anymore? That was an incident in your childhood. You should face your fear and overcome it by petting this little guy over here,"he tries to bring it closer again.

"Do you think I haven't try?" You puff your cheeks. You are annoyed at him. He could let you be just for today. But no.

"Aww you are so cute," he leans and kisses your cheek.

"Now get the cat away from me."

"Whatever you wish, princess."

You thought the whole day if you should leave the manager position. And you realize that Oikawa is right. He is always right. He is also right about the fact that you should not be afraid cats anymore.

But why is it so hard to do the rights?

You won't be able to see Oikawa much after the nationals begin if you leave VBC. He will be gone for long periods and not to mention hard practices.

But if you don't leave it then your studies will suffer greatly since you have to go away from Miyagi and you won't get any time to study.

After a lot of thought you finally make your decision.