XXI

21st Chapter

Kuroo tells Oikawa about that girl, how she tried to dominate you and how she pushed you.

Oikawa's blood boils hearing everything. He holds the collar of Kuroo's uniform.

"How do you know about things even I don't?"

"The reason behind she asked you to let me watch your practice was to hide this incident from you," Kuroo explains calmly.

"But she is my effing girlfriend! I am supposed to know it" Oikawa plops down on the floor.

He is hurt thinking about what you had to go through.

"The match is about to start," Kuroo says but Oikawa doesn't reply.

You tell Iwaizumi about everything that happened a few moments ago.

"She is our manager, Y/N," he holds both of your shoulders, "Oikawa was going through a rough time last night, thinking he would mess up today. So he was practicing really hard. That's why our manager tried to motivate him a bit. We all were there as well, right beside him."

You get shaken. You know that you should not have acted so rashly. But you couldn't control after seeing that girl. Before you knew it you already lost your cool especially when you didn't have any headstart.

You rush to find Oikawa. You had made him upset before the match. You needed to solve it. But he is already in the court.

The match starts. You can't watch it. You go to the waiting room and cry there pouring your heart out. You never regretted anything this much before.

Soon the match ends and the boys come to the waiting room, one by one.

"We lost," Kindaichi says, hugging your bawling form, "Oikawa san is in the dressing room. He is not letting anyone go in there. I think he will at least let you in."

Your eyes widen hearing his words. You feel that all of it is your fault. He lost the match.

What is he going through right now?

You run to the dressing room.

You knock on the door but there is no response.

"Toru? It's me. Please open the door," you speak softly.

He opens the door at once. He is looking down.

You hug him.

"I broke my promise," he says in a whisper, "I promised you that I would win all the matches and prove my love for you."

He rests his head on the top of yours.

"Now I can't prove how much I love you. I don't deserve you. I'm always hurting you. I lost, Y/N. I was completely-"

"Sshh," you manage to speak, "It's okay. It's okay."

Both of you say nothing else. Oikawa stays in your arms just like that, taking your warmth. You know it's your fault he lost the match today and you have to repent for it. But now is not the time to do it. Right now you just have to stay beside Toru so that he doesn't break anymore.