XXVII

27th Chapter

You used to do it for Oikawa often when you were still dating. But now you feel awkward.

After getting there, you see Oikawa leaning against a desk.

He comes towards you and holds your hand which has the pain relief patches in it.

He comes closer, his forehead touching yours. He closes his eyes,

"I can do it myself, you know?"

"Just let me do it," you move away being conscious of this closeness.

His heart hurts. He doesn't want you to be conscious of him.

"Take your shirt off," you say and Oikawa obeys. After that, he sits with his back facing you.

You use the patches on him. Your fingers brushing his bare back is not good for you at all. You shake your head.

"Thank you," Oikawa breaks the silence.

"You really don't know why we have broken up?" You ask about what Oikawa's nephew said that day.

"I must have done something to hurt you," he says in a low voice. It breaks his heart to even think that. He thinks that he always does something wrong no matter how hard he tries.

You don't correct him. It's better for you if he thinks that way. Then he will not try to make you stay.

"It's done," you speak.

You buy an ice pop and start walking for your home after the school. Suddenly your foot bumps into a pebble causing you to slip and fall down.

Your knees get bruised. You grimace seeing that.

"Seems like I am a little late this time," you look up to see Kuroo.

"Shut up," you try to stand but fail. It is impossible for you to walk in this situation.

"I will give you a piggyback ride. Hop on," Kuroo says.

"Never," you mutter.

Kuroo scoffs, "You are not in a situation to say that, you know?"

You roll your eyes.

He sighs, "I have no choice then."

With that being said, he picks you up in his arms.

You get startled.

"Kuroo, don't. Put me down! Put me down this instant."

"Yeah, after we reach your home," he smirks.

You sigh. You dropped your ice pop long ago. You look at your hands.

Kuroo is so big compared to you. Being carried like this is drawing a lot of attention and you hate this. But you still feel somehow safe with him.

"What happened?" Your mom says getting worried.

"I'm fine," you groan. Kuroo puts you down on your couch.

"Is it fine? Or do you need me to tuck you in your bed?" He whispers.

You scowl at him.