XVII

17th Chapter

You go to the volleyball gym first thing in the morning. Oikawa is in the middle of practice.

 Oikawa is in the middle of practice

You grab his arm and make him turn. But you don't notice that the spike is already done by the opposite team.

Oikawa catches the ball with one hand. It would hit you in the head if he didn't do it.

"You are gonna be made to sit on the bench if you don't learn to be careful," Oikawa glares at the freshman.

You never saw him so angry. And he never scolded his teammates before, not in front of you, not like this.

You realise that he is quite overprotective of you.

"I'm sorry," he bows.

"No. It's my fault anyway," you say.

"It's not," Oikawa says, "Did you want to say something?" He touches your face.

"Yeah. I actually need to talk to all of you," they gather around you,

"I can't work as a manager anymore. It's heavily affecting my grades. I already put up notice in all the classes for the manager post. I'm sure you will get many qualified applicants by tomorrow," you pause,

"Also I'm really sorry if I committed any mistake knowingly or unknowingly and I also apologize for leaving abruptly like this," you bow.

"Thanks princess," Oikawa whispers in your ear, "And you did a really good job. Thank you for your hard work," he kisses the side of your head.

You nod, "Thanks for letting me have my way all this time. You are a great boyfriend," you compliment him.

He suddenly looks down and turns around. You get confused.

"Umm. What is it?" You ask.

He clutches onto his heart,

"It just skipped a beat," he copies you.

You giggle, "I can't believe you get flustered as well."

"In my defense, you never say these things."

"Hmm, I know. I'm not good with my words. But I will really miss you seeing you after school everyday like this."

"Me too," he frowns.

You come out of the volleyball gym and are going to your classroom. Suddenly some girls corner you,

"Who do you think you are, huh?" You look up at the girl. Beside her is the girl who hugged your boyfriend that last time.

"Oh," you mutter. You guess they have come here to defend their friend,

"Look, I have no time to waste on you."

You are trying to get past them. But one of them holds your shoulder and pushes you back. You stumble and lose your balance.

"You are always falling," it is the familiar voice of that smirky face. He holds you by your waist and supports you with his body.

You look up to see Tetsuro Kuroo, the captain of team Nekoma.

What is he doing in Miyagi? You are surprised to see him. He is so far from Tokyo.

And more importantly what is he doing in this school, in Aoba Johsai?