Chapter 23 - Aiden

“Stilinski!” Coach yelled, snapping Stiles out of his concentration. I should mention his concentration wasn’t concentrated towards the class so much as crime scene photos. Coach leant down and looked at the photos. “If I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you’d be an A plus student.”

“Thanks Coach.” Stiles nodded while I held back a smile.

“Put those pictures away.” Coach said as he tapped the desk with a lacrosse stick he had been carrying around the classroom. Stiles was about to agree before he apparently saw something and started tugging on the end of the lacrosse stick. “Stilinski!” Stiles ripped off the cap on the end of the stick and looked at it before looking back at a photo. “What the hell is wrong with you?” Coach questioned then changed his mind. “Don’t answer that.” Coach walked away once Stiles let go of the stick and Scott and I both looked at Stiles.

“It’s a lacrosse player.” He stated.

“The killers on the team.” Scott realised then they both looked at me.

“What?”

“You saw them in the woods.” Scott began.

“You can point them out.” Stiles finished.

“I saw one yeah and he looked familiar, but we can’t wait until the game tonight. Kira, Liam and you are all playing with whoever this is.”

“We could check out the lacrosse gear for hidden daggers?” Stiles suggested.

“Nah, most of the guys play with their own gear.” Scott said.

“Look, there’s not much we can do in the middle of a lesson, we’ll meet up with the others after class.”

***

“Where’s Lydia and Malia?” Stiles questioned.

“There’re still trying to figure out the keys. What’s going on?” Kira asked once we found her.

“Stiles figured out that one of the killers is on the lacrosse team.” I said.

“Well, what do we do? Do we stop the game?” Kira said.

“I’m not afraid.” Scott said being stubborn.

“We’ll I’m terrified and I’m not even on the list.” Stiles said, throwing his arms up in the air. “Guys, these are professional killers. It’s the profession! One of them has a thermal cut wire that cuts heads off.” He felt the need to add in.

“Okay, not helping, Stiles. All I can tell you is the guy that I saw had blonde hair, was tall and quite pretty, so think about the players in your team and if anyone comes to mind, point them out to me or send a photo and if we don’t have anyone just before the game starts then I’m going to have to agree with Kira.” Stiles and Kira nodded, but Scott still wasn’t sure. “Okay, look, I’m going to see if I can find Lydia and Malia. Keep thinking.” I said before walking out and looking for the others.

I texted Lydia to see where she was and started heading there once I got a response. I was walking past the bus zone when I heard Liam’s voice.

“Brett!” He did not sound happy. I looked over and saw him storm towards the players from the rival school getting off the bus. He looked pissed off, but by some miracle he saw me off to the left and I gave him a glare I had learnt off Derek and he seemed to come to his senses as he looked back at this Brett guy, who I’m fairly sure is about 7 foot tall. “I just wanted to say… have a good game.” He managed as he held out his hand for the guy to shake.

But he didn’t. Instead of shaking his hand the tall Brett guy started laughing. “That’s cute Liam… is that what they told you to say in anger management?” Yep didn’t like him. “To apologize and everything was alright. You demolished coach’s car.” Okay, so maybe they had a few reasons to be pissed at Liam.