Chapter 11 - Calling France

I was sitting between Derek and Peter with Braedon at the other end of the table as we discussed prices. Their plan was to hire her to fine Kate before the Calaveras so they could get their money back. They had been looking for the past week and had found nothing so were now resulting to a very unreliable source.

“The table is Italian.” Peter said to her as she placed her feet up on the wooden table, much like I had done with Peter’s glass table a while back.

“So are those boots.” I said in aw. “I don’t like you, but those are nice.” Peter glared while Derek just smiled and shook his head.

“Are we going to discuss interior design and fashion or are we going to talk numbers?” She asked. Peter sighed and wrote down a couple of gran on a piece of paper, while Derek looked at his reflection in his sunglasses. He did this a lot since he had been re-aged.

Peter slid the piece of paper over to her. Braedon looked at a moment before before crossing out what he wrote and writing a new number and sliding it back. Looking over Peter’s shoulder I saw the number had tripled.

“We hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president.” He said.

“I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate, you’re hiring me to find her first. To go against the Calaveras, that’s what it’s going to cost you.”

Peter sighed and then wrote down a new figure that was double the first one he wrote but still less than Braedons. He slid it over, but she didn’t even look at it before sliding it back. “Oh!” Peter explained as he stood up and begun pacing.

Derek picked up the paper and ripped it in half. “We’ll pay. Just find Kate. That’s all we want.” Derek said. Braedon looked at him a moment and then stood up.

“Done.” She stated and then headed for the door. Peter followed her and slammed it shut once she was through.

“Are you insane!” He yelled.

“We didn’t have a choice. We’ve been looking for her for a week and haven’t found anything.”

“If we don’t find out who told Kate about the vault… we don’t get those bonds back. What do you think I’m going to do then, huh? Get a job? My resume is slightly out of date.” (The only reason I wrote Anna into this scene was because of this line) I chuckled a little, but then mouthed the word sorry once Peter gave me a glorious death glare. “We got robbed, Derek. Robbed!” Peter grabbed Derek’s arm and spun him around. Derek lost control for a brief moment and roared, his eyes and canines showing. “Well that’s a new look for you. What happened to your eyes?”

“I don’t know… but I’m willing to pay to find out.”

“Even as much as what Braedon demands? Do you not realise her pattern, right? She was hired by Ms Morrel to save Isaac and warn Scott about the alphas. She was then hired by the alphas to save you from the Calaveras and then she was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. If the pattern holds up, next Kate will hiring her to kill everyone once she find out where Kate is.”

“I’m going to have to agree with Anna for this one.” Peter said.

“Yeah, you two do a lot of agreeing lately.” Derek said before grabbing his jacket and sunnies and heading for the door.

“Where the hell are you going?” I asked.

“To get some fresh air and should go to school.” He said before storming out.

“I think I liked it better when you two were together. There was less fighting and less tension. Did you know about his eyes?”

“Yeah I saw them that night at the school with the berserkers.”