Chapter 10 - 137

“Scott, it’s both of them. They’re both here.” I heard Malia saying the distance as I was trying to find them, but the school hallways only echoed which made following them by sounds difficult. On top of that they had been running around all over the place and were still going so following them by scent was just as bad.

“Where’s Anna and Peter?”

“I don’t know they just took off.”

“Scott!” I yelled.

“Anna! The bond! Use the bond!” I heard him yell back. I had to mentally slap myself for not thinking of it. I could sense where he was if I focussed hard enough. He was moving I could feel that, but he was also getting close. I ran as fast as I could and as my pace quickened so did his. We could feel each other getting closer and closer until I rounded a corner and saw Scott and Malia do the same at the other end of the corridor. Right behind them was a Berserker and then out of nowhere the second jumped between us, facing me.

He lunged forward with his bone like claws or knives or whatever they were, slashing at my stomach and my throat. I leapt back, out of his reach and then used the lockers for extra strength to push off and slash his leg. It worked and I cut him, but he didn’t so much as stumble or flinch. I stayed focussed as he again swung at my throat. I dodge and then did the same move he had, but he caught my wrist, pulled me forward and then used his second hand lift me up and throw me against the lockers. The force of the push left deep cut on my stomach and wrist and I couldn’t help the small scream of pain that followed it.

Groggily I looked over to see both Malia and Scott also lying on the ground, barely able to recover. Malia was cupping her leg where a deep cut was and Scott was winded as they scrambled backwards. Both Berserkers were advancing on them, the second apparently forgetting about me or believing I was wounded enough to not be a big enough threat at this moment.

That’s when Kira came running with her sword. She was swinging it around so fast that my light headed and groggy state couldn’t even focus until Scott yelled out her name and she was thrown down next to him. They seemed to be taking us out one by one.

The sound of someone else running towards as brought my attention to a approaching baby Derek. I slowly stood up, trying to regain my balance, but I still had to hold on to the lockers for support. I could hear Derek and the Berserkers fighting near by as my legs were slowly becoming strong again instead of feeling like jelly.

When I felt strong enough again I let out a raw and one of the berserkers, possibly the same one I had been fighting before, turned to face me. He ran forward at the same time I did, but thinking back to some of my early training sessions with Derek I dropped to the ground and skidded until I slammed into his legs and he came crashing down with a loud thud. I jumped back up quickly and faced the second Berserker that Derek was fighting. I ran to them and grabbed his arm as he was about to lunge it towards Derek. Derek took the advantage a slashed his claws diagonally down the Berserkers chest as it growled, either in anger or pain, maybe both. That and mini Derek and Scott yelling out my name was the last thing I heard before a large, buff man wearing a skull rammed into my side and yet again slammed me up against the lockers, this time his bone knife stabbing my side, not slashing.

Derek looked at me as I fell to the ground. I looked back up at him and flashback from when Gerard had shot me flashed through my mind. I saw recognition flash across Derek’s face and for some reason I knew he was thinking the same thing. His eyes went from blue to gold and that’s the last thing I could remember.

I didn’t pass out, but my vision blurred as Scott pulled my back. Then I felt a sharp pain in my side as the bone was pulled out. I struggled to sit up and Scott kept telling me to lye down, but I ignored him. I could feel it healing once the bone had been removed.