Chapter 50 - Contained and Monitored

The GIF is of Selene.

As we exited the church we were approached by the women who I recognised as Araya Calavera. She immediately questioned us and we told her where she could find Selene and Peter and she send a man she called Severo and a few others to help Selene in collecting him.

Malia remained close to Stiles and Kira close to Scott. I trailed behind them slowly with Liam frequently looking over at me. I didn't know if he was afraid or concerned, maybe both, but I decided to ignore it for now.

I immediately began to look around once we were outside, the sun beginning to rise until my eyes landed on Derek.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"What? What!" Stiles panicked, quickly looking behind us as if he was expecting Peter to charge out and lunge at him.

I couldn't seem to reply in words and found myself running at a standing and healthy Derek who appeared to be putting a shirt on, for some reason previously being shirtless. He had just straightened out the blue long sleeved top when I barrelled into him.

"Hey." He chuckled, instantly wrapping his arms around my waist.

"What happened?" I demanded as I stepped back, looking up at him.

"Temporarily died." He shrugged. "I was evolving." He then stated. Clearly noticing that I was not following he smiled gently before explaining. "Remember when I told you my mother and Laura could transform into actual wolves? Just like Malia can take the shape of an actual Coyote, and you for that matter." I nodded. "Well that's what was happening to me."

"Oh." I said slowly, realising why he had been topless, but not quite understand why he had to die to evolve, but hey... who said the supernatural was simple? "Kate?" I asked.

Derek shook his head, "She doesn't have anymore Berserkers, but she got away. Chris went after her, but she still got out. The Calaveras and Argent are going to continue tracking her down."

"How did Chris and Parrish find us?" I asked, looking over to where they stood talking amongst themselves.

"Chris confronted Peter yesterday, but he drove a metal rod through Argent's side. Parrish was following Peter, apparently had been since Meredith Walker and he found and saved Chris. They went to the Calaveras for help and then came here." Derek explained before becoming distracted by three men carrying Peter's body out of the church before loading it into the back of Braedon's prison transport van. Behind them was Selene.

She looked over to us, locking eyes with Derek before heading back to the truck she had arrived in and jumping in the back. She dug around in her arsenal for a while as Braedon walked over to Derek and me, smiling lightly and nodding in my direction as she did. Selene jumped back down and walked over to Braedon, handing over a few more syringes of liquefied yellow wolfs bane just like the one she had injected Peter with.

"That should be enough to keep him out for the journey." She stated to the mercenary.

"Journey?" I asked.

Selene turned to me and nodded sharply. "He's to be taken to Eichen House where he can be safely detained."

"You won't kill him?" Derek asked.

"No. I convinced Araya otherwise. He's already come back from the dead once, it's best if we play it safe. Don't want anymore surprises."

"I think last time was a special circumstance." Derek stated.

"Yeah... well let's keep that between ourselves." Selene said back in a small voice.

"You did love him." I said before I could stop myself. She turned and studied me for a moment. "He told me the story, but... he said it was all fake."