Chapter 38 - Food and Sleep

Scott POV

The others had all left while Scott remained back in the loft. He had saw something earlier and was waiting for everyone to leave so he could ask Derek. He walked over to the bed and picked up the gun that was resting on Derek's jacket.

"Careful with that." Derek said.

"I thought you didn't like guns. Does this have something to do with your eyes?"

"My eyes, the strength, the healing... all of it." Derek said as he took the gun from Scott.

"Gone?" Scott asked and Derek nodded back.

"Whatever Kate did to me... it's still happening."

"If the deadpool really was made by a banshee than there's something else you should know about." Scott began.

"Anna already told me." Derek cut in. "But I haven't told her about... this." He held up the gun for indication. "She panicked enough over the cypher key." Derek said with a small smile that Scott returned. Derek looked out the window to see Deputy Parrish's car driving off down the road with Anna in the passenger's seat. "Don't tell her... not yet." Derek said. Scott managed a small nod.

Anna POV.

"Thanks for the lift." I said to Jordan as he pulled up out the front of Scott's place. "Sure you'll be alright?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. Deputy, remember, I should be asking you that."

"Well yeah... but assassins."

"I've already been targeted once tonight, should be in the clear for a while, right?" He suggested. I opened my mouth to say something, but shut it again not wanting to ruin his hope. "That wasn't a very comforting response."

I chuckled. "Sorry."

"What about you... you're on the list as well."

"Yes, but I live with the alpha and I'm very capable of kicking ass if need be." I smirked this time making Jordan chuckle.

"Alright, I believe you." He said defensively.

"You're taking this very well." I said suddenly.

"Well it's better than freaking out."

I nodded. "Okay, well enjoy the rest of your night. Maybe drink some tea and watch a documentary or two." I suggested as I got out of the car, remembering what he said a couple days ago when I told him I couldn't sleep.

"Yeah, I will. Guess I understand now why you have problems getting to sleep and all of the It's complicated responses."

I leant down through the open car door. "From memory I never get to say it's complicated... you usually beat me to it."

He chuckled again. "Yeah well at least you can actually tell me now."

I smiled again. "Night Jordan."

"Night." I heard him say just as I closed the car door and went inside to wait for Scott to get back.

He was another 15 minutes or so. "What took you so long?" I asked.

"Just talking to Derek. I was going to tell him about his name being the cypher key."

"Oh yeah, I already told him. Sorry I forgot to mention it." I sighed.

"We should get some sleep. Catch up while we have a chance." Scott said abruptly and made his way upstairs.

"It's not that late. We haven't even eaten." He stopped and came back downstairs and grabbed some leftovers out, chucking it in the microwave. "You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just wondering if things will ever be normal around here." He said, but I knew there was something he wasn't saying. I could feel it, but I didn't press the matter, knowing he didn't want to say anything.

"One day. The school seems to be cursed, maybe when we graduate everything will just come together all neat and tidy." I said with a hopeful grin.

"Yeah, lets hope. You heard anything about the Sheriff?"

"Stiles hasn't texted me, but he didn't seem to bad when he left the station." Scott nodded as the microwave started beeping. He spooned out the leftover curry into two bowls and handed me one with a fork. We both were hungrier than we realized and the food seemed to evaporate out of the bowl.

"Okay, I'm going to sleep." Scott declared once we'd finished washing the bowls.

I nodded in agreement and we both made our way to our rooms. Once I was changed and had brushed my teeth I seemed to pass out the second I hit the bed. Thankfully I actually got the full nights sleep I needed.