06 | The Hardships of Love

Jungkook was panting by the time he reached Hoseok's apartment

Jungkook was panting by the time he reached Hoseok's apartment. The sharp pain in his thigh had reduced to a mere throb, making the task of walking much easier and less grueling. He should be grateful to the witch for healing his wound, despite the fact she couldn't seal it completely.

Thanks to his own powers, the last remnants of alcohol in his system were long gone, helping him think with a sober mind and not so dulled senses. Though, his head was no longer buzzing with the aftermath of the whiskey, his heart continued to thrum in his ribcage.

The angel hadn't felt this happy in centuries. The euphoric feeling which happiness was – a long forgotten memory that had turned into an impossible dream – was finally there to replace the void in his soul.

Jungkook was brimming with it. First a pleasant tingle in his toes and fingers, then a wave of pure emotion that soaked into his bones and melted the iced spots of his heart. Only one person on this Earth was able of such a miracle.

Kim Taehyung: the brilliant fire, a sacred force of nature that consumed anything it came into contact with – and Jeon Jungkook: the feeble moth, powerless against the fire but wholly incapable of resisting its allure. Taehyung was like a deity sent to destroy him, not that he minded much. If it were indeed Taehyung's divine prerogative to bring about Jungkook's demise, he would gladly comply, if only to see the veritable Aphrodite that was his lost lover appeased.

After so many decades of incessantly searching the angel finally found his way back to home. A heaven that existed in the arms of a human with love so fiery that even Eros bowed his head before him. Though, there was a tiny detail that didn't sit right with the angel.

Why, in the name of spirits, would his lover point a gun at him?

Jungkook recalled the first time when he came up to the fox spirit and asked her to gift Taehyung with the chance to be reborn. She did warn him of the consequences that might follow after making a deal with her. No human should remember their past life – that was the ultimate rule.

Jungkook secretly wished for the kitsune to be wrong, believing their love for each other was stronger than any other creature or law. Alas, their devotion simply wasn't enough to go beyond nature's expectations.

Nevertheless, that wasn't his main concern. The angel would gladly accept the challenge of fighting for Taehyung's heart. Nothing in this world could be compared to the blissful feeling of falling in love with Taehyung. Again, and again, year by year, day by day.

What however made him so worried was the fact his loved one was a part of this human cult that, apparently, went against Jungkook's realm. Hunters, the witch called them. If Taehyung was indeed a member of that uncanny group, then Jungkook's mission to get his lover back was getting rather demanding.

And since he hadn't heard of those hunters before, his first task of the night was to ask his dearest friend Hoseok for more information.

The angel banged on his door for what felt like ten minutes before a very sleepy and unamused Junk Hoseok came into view.