13 | Sneaking out of a party with a hunter

Loud music blasted through Jungkook's ears, drumming even in his chest

Loud music blasted through Jungkook's ears, drumming even in his chest. Consecutive rock songs were playing on repeat, the crowd screaming on top of their lungs as drinks were being spilled on the dirtied floor.

All of them were having the fun of their lives except for Jungkook who couldn't stop sending snide glares at Hoseok for dragging him to a place like this. It was outrageous - attending a concert full of mortals and other creatures whose job was to either have some fun with the petty humans or simply kill them by the end of this jamboree.

Most of the attendants were teens or college students, red-eyed and trashed, tipsy smiles prancing across their usually frown-ridden faces. The girls wore skimpy dresses that hugged the curves of their well-defined bodies, while the guys had their sleeves rolled to the elbows, the first two buttons of their shirts set free to expose their masculine chests.

Jungkook felt like gagging at the awful smell of alcohol that literally poisoned the air. If it hadn't been for Hoseok to choose his outfit for the event, he would've come up dressed in the most snobbish way possible. Instead of wearing his perfectly ironed black shirt and long coat, he had put on a t-shirt with an obnoxious print for the front and a leather jacket that honestly looked pretty good on him, especially with the way it displayed his broad shoulders.

His raven hair that was usually curly at the ends was now slicked back, steel earrings dangling from his ears. In all honestly, Jungkook couldn't understand the importance of 'fitting in'. Everyone was either too wasted or too stoned to take a notice of his dressing. He could bet that the bigger part of the auditory wouldn't have a clue of what'd happened that night.

"Remind me again," Jungkook turned up to Hoseok, eyebrows furrowed together in an obvious sign of annoyance. A random kid had nearly doused his shoes with beer - something the angel clearly didn't enjoy. "Why do we have to be here?"

The kitsune rolled his eyes, hips continuously swishing to the rhythm of the music. "Relax, okay?" he said nonchalantly, raising his cardboard cup of vodka to take a rather large sip. Jungkook's eyes rooted over the motion of his bobbling throat, wondering how someone could even like the cheap alcohol that they sold here. "You know, it'll be good if you take a break from all that 'chasing Taehyung' thing."

Jungkook didn't miss the opportunity to scoff at the fox's lame advice on how to stay relaxed and composed while his supposedly called 'lover' was out there on a hunt for monsters. "And you think this is going to help me?" He gestured at their surroundings.

Hoseok sighed exasperatedly and threw an arm over Jungkook's shoulders, leaning closer to whisper in his ear. "You see those girls over there," he pointed at the bevy of blonde ladies who, just like anyone else, enjoyed themselves in their impossibly tight skirts and danced carelessly to the loud tune. "I'm one hundred percent sure they're vampires. Can you guess what I know about vampire girls?" Jungkook shook his head in dismiss. "They absolutely love ancient and handsome guys like you."