05

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

THE FIFTH MEMORY, CHINESE LESSONS.

"Please."

"No."

"It's a life or death situation."

"Guess I can finally wear my favorite black suit to something."

"Renjun!"

"I'm hanging up."

It was a Friday, which meant Haeun was supposed to have her online Mandarin class, something she had never missed for the past two years, and wasn't planning on missing anytime soon.

Unfortunately, her teacher was occupied, and had no intention of letting her know personally, clearly relying on his voicemail to do so for him. It was nothing much, just the usual beep you'd hear when someone wasn't available, followed by a loud "Aloha from Maldives, suckers!" and then another beep.

Wong Kunhang was amazing, really.

She hadn't even an idea how long he'd be gone, but wasn't worried as she had a Chinese best friend who could help her out for the day... maybe not.

"I'll buy you that Segway you wanted, please."

"A Seg- oh my god. We're not in 2018, no one uses that anymore!" In reality, Renjun would have taught her the lesson, but he had errands to run. "I'll make a plan, okay? In fact, let me send you someone."

"Who?"

"Excuse me?"

"Ugh, fine send them! Thank you baby, this is why woah-eye-knee!"

"You didn't just do the woah while you said that."

"Love you bestie!"

"That's it, I'm unfriending you."

"Mwah!"

Haeun laughed, sitting on her bed after ending the video call. She decided she'd play a game on her phone to pass by time. At least she was sorted, and she had people to rely on when she needed help-

"You've got to be kidding me."

Huang Renjun, the devil's spawn. Haeun should have known better than to trust him, she was usually smarter.

"Are you going to let me in?" The cocky bastard smirked, as if the last time they'd seen each other, Haeun hadn't given him a slap across the face.

"Leave." She groaned, almost closing the door on him if he hadn't stopped it with his foot.

"In my defense, I wasn't going to come, but apparently I owed him a solid for cheating." He said, as if it was the most normal thing on earth.

"Does that even sound okay to you?" The girl couldn't help but ask, earning a shrug from him in reply.

"You'll grow to love my presence, babes.
I'm Zhong Chenle. Come along, we haven't got time to waste." The pink haired male made his way into her apartment as if the place was his.

Haeun probably hated Renjun's ex more than Renjun himself. Chenle had blatantly cheated, and been caught by Haeun while she was out.

Renjun couldn't have cared less.

Chenle was an interesting character, and was probably told to cheat by a tarot card, as it would bring him 'peace and prosperity.' That's what they always said, and Renjun was getting tired of being with someone who lived by something he considered witchcraft.

Still, they spoke as if nothing had ever occurred, and Haeun just couldn't wrap her head around that.

Perhaps it was time to let people do what they wanted, though. She'd be spending the next six hours with him in any case.

And so she'd grow to love his presence, just as he'd told her. She smiled.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧