When he Misses you

Your friend Mo wasn't trying to be the bear of bad news. Her encouragements wasn't working when all she did was let you down right after giving you something helpful.

" You'll find somebody else girl." She would say, but that only made you angry.

" I don't want no one else. I want my man." You pouted.

Khalil being over seas leaving you behind with nothing but a broken heart was weighing on you everyday. Everyday you couldn't smell his masculine cologne, just on some of his clothing he left behind. Everyday you couldn't eat his famous french toast he would make you right before you wake up for work, and every day for the past two years you woke up with a wet face.

You wanted to keep hope alive, because every now and again he would call you and talk to you for a good thirty minutes before going back on duty. For three days now you haven't heard from him, and was reluctant about blowing up his phone.

" Y/N, girl you need to just dip in the water a little bit and stop stressing about this nigga."

" It's easy for you to say, you hop on every other guys dick when your prince charming decides he doesn't want to deal with your shit." You roll your eyes.

"Ok, ouch? I'm just stating the fact here, you ain't gotta get all ugly."

The promise ring sat on your ring finger, clinging to life as you thought on several occasions about how you should end things with Khalil. You just couldn't though. Khalil was everything you wanted in a man and although it was hard for you to hang on, something was always telling you to keep going with the relationship. The ring and the heart locket necklace with a small picture of you two inside of it made with smile inside, although you kept a gloomy look on the outside.

" Mo, I just miss him so bad. I haven't had sex in two years girl." You whined.

" Do you think it's worth holding on too?"

" What?"

" Your relationship? He hasn't called in three days, got you crying like a little baby and he hasn't sent you anything in a week. You gotta tell him something."

" What if he's innocent. What if he's just taking a break from everything."

" Or he's taking a break from you."

That broke Your heart. A stray tear fell from your eye, you quickly wiping it away after you promised you werent going to cry nor shed a tear. Mo was secretly jealous of your on going relationship with Khalil, because was never able to hold on to her toxic ass relationship. You didn't understand why you kept going to her about relationship advice. Granted this was your first ever relationship, but No wasn't the guru of love. She didn't know she about it cause all she did was cheat on her man.

" All I'm saying-

Saved by the bell, you thought. You got up from the comfort of your love seat and walked to the door opening it. There was no one there, nothing but a bouquet of your favorite flowers in a glass vase and an anonymous letter reading:

I've been patient, and yearning... We will meet again
- Anonymous

A small squeal came from Mo as you two read the letter together. You rolled your eyes.

"This isn't from Khalil."

" How you know?"

" He always puts his name on the packages and he never buys me flowers. It gotta be from that weird kid Jody who lives across the street." You assumed, closing the door shut.