When you dont know if you love him or not

Reference to love Jones

You looked at the picture on top of your night stand.

A picture of you and your ex, Marvin, you sitting in between his legs with his arms around your neck and you both smiled.

You just moved into your new apartment, right after the break up, you needed some space from everything. You left your only best friend in Georgia and you had a guy chasing after you every since you made it to your new town.

It was pretty scary to think that you used most of your savings to get an apartment and living there for three months, but you gave it a shot to finally live on your own.

You missed him though.

Those late night talks.

But you didn't miss when he would get mad at every little thing.

Making you think he was the only man for you and never really putting your feelings into consideration unless it's benefitting him.

You rolled your eyes and slammed the photo face down as you got out of bed to brush your teeth.

You didn't notice at first, but you smelled something in the kitchen.

You walked in and saw Darius, making bacon and eggs. Moving around the kitchen with a sense of urgency.

" What are you doing?"

He turned from the stove and smiled brightly.

" Good morning. I made you breakfast."

Nothing you did could shake this man. He was constantly on your heels after you agreed to two dates with him and a beer. He wasn't getting the hint, and you told him time and time again that you didn't want to go off the deep end just yet because you were still grieving over your relationship that just ended.

" Sit down."

You did, looking at the steam coming from the eggs and looking at the well done bacon sitting beside it.

Your mouth watered for the simple breakfast but instead, you folded your arms and looked at him as he poured you both a glass of orange juice.

" Darius, where did you come from?"

" Just wanted to surprise you baby with a little bit of breakfast."

" That's good and all but I don't appreciate you coming in...my house."

He looked to be embarrassed. He hasn't been the same since the kiss you two shared a couple of days ago.

He was a sweet guy, very polite and very patient.

But you weren't ready for a man right away.

" Damn, my bad. I just...thought it'll be cool spend some time with you on you day off."

You were going to say something, but your pager beeped. Marvin, messaged you, telling you he was in town and that he wanted to meet up somewhere. Your heart skipped, knowing that this could be your only chance at seeing if Marvin actually love you or if Darius was going to be the guy.

You put away your pager.

" You leaving again?"

You nodded.

" I'll see you some other time."

He looked disappointed but smiled anyway.

He moved closer to you and kissed your lips gently, reassuring you that he wants you and that whatever you were doing, that it was the best thing for you.