Pot Calling the Kettle Black

Author's Note: Make sure to read the prologue before this so you know the background of the story. The prologue leads right into this chapter. As always the gif isn't mine it's from google. Also, I know this chapter seems to go by very fast but it's definitely slow down from here and be more of a slow burn. 

Content Warnings: toxic relationship, cheating (not from reader), yelling, swearing

Word Count: 2.5k

5k

Chapter 1: Pot Calling the Kettle Black

-flashback-

"You're never home anymore!" he shouted from across the kitchen. He was clearly waiting for you to come home from work. You weren't even out with the team, it was just a late night.

"It could be worse. I don't even travel on cases much, it's only when it's pertinent for me to be there. I've only been on a handful of cases before, so our situation could be a lot worse. How do you think Will and Henry feel? JJ is gone more than I am, I still come home almost every night" you spat back.

"Were you out with him again?"

"Who?"

"Spencer," he said with disgust. It's obvious why because Spencer was the type of kid to be picked on in school and Joey was the type of kid to pick on kids like Spencer. So you can imagine the jealousy he felt over Spencer taking up his girlfriend's time even though it was completely unwarranted.

"No, hun they're all away on a case in Connecticut. It was just me and Garcia, but I can't go home until they're all ready to leave the precinct just in case they need me." You explain calmly. Despite you trying to diffuse the situation he still stomped out of the house making sure to slam the door behind him. Not returning until the sun was up.

-end of flashback-

Since that night you either went to JJ, Garcia, or Spencer when you would need advice. You normally never told Spencer the details because you didn't want him to feel guilty for Jo's jealousy. Spencer has always been overly supportive and super understanding though. You figure there has to be some reason that he's only jealous of Spencer. He's never said anything about you carpooling with Morgan sometimes and his nickname for you. It's not like you've ever given him a reason to believe you're unfaithful. Some days you think about what it would be like to be with Spencer and how life would be convenient and how you would be so content but, that doesn't mean you're cheating because you've never expressed those feelings.

These days Joey is distant, rude, and always out of the house. You're not complaining though because it's nice to come home to no bickering. It's just odd how much he's been gone recently and it just inconveniences you because you work all day long and come home to a trashed apartment that you have to clean. He's not doing any chores, and he comes home at three in the morning with little to no explanation. You both are in some sort of odd limbo because you've been together for so long that you don't want to leave, but you guys both seemingly hate each other. Arguing either turns into him leaving and you're going over to either JJ or Garcia's place, or it ends in you having sex and there's absolutely no in-between.