Moving On

Authors Note: This isn't betaed so I apologize for any grammatical mistakes. Also this series is going to be a bunch of time skips to make this flow the best.

Content Warnings: pregnancy, mentions of morning sickness, criminal minds typical violence

Word Count: 2.5k

Chapter 3: Moving On

After some tension in the room dissipated you decided you were too exhausted to do anything else, and it was time to go home. Despite everyone's protests, this afternoon drained you, and you wanted nothing more than to just sleep. You walked out with the three women sitting on the couch just staring at each other. It wasn't until you sat in your car, you realized you're not sure where to go. You don't know if Jo is at your formerly shared townhouse, and you have no clue if he'd even let you in to grab any essentials you might need. You decide the best thing is to just drive there and pray he might let you in, but you're not in the mood for an argument. You'd rather just walk away than let another fight begin.

You decide to suck up any pride and drive over there. You can feel tears prickling in the corner of your eyes, and you can feel the emotions sitting right in your chest waiting to bubble over. You drive up to the town house, and you see his car. Just the cherry red mustang alone is enough to conjure up a storm of emotions. You walk up hoping to get in and out as soon as possible. Before you even get to the top step you can hear giggling. You peek into the window to see a girl with bright blue hair leading him into the bedroom you two used to share. She pulls him into the room, and you can spot a tattoo of a snake wrapped around her wrist on the arm she is pulling him with. You go back to walk back to your car because the once small drizzle outside has now become heavier and heavier. While walking down the steps you dig your phone out of your pocket and call him.

After it rings through, and you finally take a seat in your car; you can finally see that the bedroom door is fully closed. Tears are now running down your face and at that moment you felt small, insignificant. You look down at your phone thinking 'is this really it? Just that cut and dry; he got rid of you that easily'. You weren't sure what you were hoping for, maybe something cordial and at least a little time.

You don't want to be alone in a hotel room and you don't want to go to anyone else's house. The only person you feel you can turn to is Spencer.

"Hey... um can I stay over tonight," you say while sniffling and wiping your tears with the back of your hand.

"Yeah I figured you might need a place today. I wasn't sure if you wanted to or not; I figured I'd wait to see if you called me."

"Thanks Spence, I really appreciate it." You hang up and immediately drive over there.

-

Every step you take closer to Spencer's apartment you feel a bit more and more dread lifting off of you. As you're about to stick the key in the lock; you remember you haven't told Spencer you're pregnant. Now all the dread is back again, just for a different reason. You try to shake the feeling and let your nerves settle.