Someone Unexpected

Author's Note: Not beta read so there may be mistakes. Also, as always all my gifs are from google, they're not mine :)

Content Warning: Criminal Minds canon typical violence, pregnancy

Word Count: 5.2k

Chapter 10: Someone Unexpected

"I feel like a beach ball is strapped to my belly," you say, leaning back in your office chair with a hand strewn across your ever-growing belly.

"That may be true... but it's a beautiful beach ball," Garcia quips as you two continue to eat lunch. When you swivel in your chair, you give her a 'really' look, she busts out laughing.

"What! What's so funny," you say, laughing along with her.

"Your lunch sitting on your belly is a bit funny."

"What it's like a shelf," you say, lifting the tupperware on your belly up.

When you and Penelope get a phone call from the team who was away on a case, she sets her food down and answers her phone with her hands at the ready to find any information needed.

"P.G. here, what's the 411 chocolate thunder!" She says with diligence.

"Hey baby girl, can you find information about officer David Smith and officer Kelly Williams from the p.d. where we're at," Morgan silently says into the phone. You can hear his nerves and irritation from the other side of the phone.

Irritation started to creep into your body as well because you know exactly who they are. They're two officers who worked with your ex-boyfriend. Kelly Williams is one of the women you thought Jo had slept with while you were still dating him. Those two police officers, along with your ex-boyfriend, were reasons one through seven thousand as to why you didn't travel for this local case.

"Okay let's see... so far I see squeaky clean records, especially David Smith. It honestly looks a bit too clean," Garcia says, her mind going miles a minute.

"It wouldn't be the first time someone's record would be hidden," Morgan says.

"Do you know anything about them, angel?" Morgan asks you.

"Honestly no, nothing besides David had and still probably has major anger issues and Kelly is a conniving homewrecker," you say with a very irritated tone before returning to the case files.

"Yeah... no I see nothing, besides anecdotal stuff from the peanut gallery over here and officer Williams suspiciously clean records, there's nothing really with those two," Garcia says, slightly defeated.

"Thank you guys," Morgan says before hanging up.

You get tired after looking over the same files over and over again. You can feel that something seems so familiar about all of this, and it hurts because it's right out of your reach. You decided after talking with your mom almost three months ago when you visited her for Thanksgiving that you wanted to eventually work your way up in the BAU and you wanted this case to be your meal ticket to that.