All My Love

Author's Note: Not betaed so all mistakes are mine. This is my first time writing smut and posting it, so bear with me, and as always; all GIFs are from Google. This is a long chapter, so strap in!

Content Warning: a bit awkward mutual pining, smut, pregnancy

Word Count: 3.8k

Chapter 6: All My Love

"I have the best news!"

"Really," you say very unenthusiastically, trying to find some semblance of happiness.

"Will and I talked and we decided next week we're going to have a small courthouse wedding," she says, beaming as she embraces you in a brief hug.

"That's amazing, I'm glad you guys decided to get married. We can talk about all the details later. I'm just not feeling too hot," you say, genuinely happy for her, but your unfinished conversation with Spencer is still weighing on your mind.

"Of course, of course. I don't want to hold you up, Spencer's probably waiting for you in his car, I saw him walking out the door. I hope he's okay, he seemed a bit stressed. Anyway, thank you for everything and go home relax, you deserve it," she says, giving you one last hug.

You sign the discharge papers and quickly make your way out. It didn't take long to spot Spencer's vintage Volvo. You assume even if he's frustrated with you there's no way he'd leave you here without a ride home. Especially since he was so concerned with your well-being earlier. Reluctantly, you make your way around the car, and to avoid startling him you tap on the window twice with your knuckles. You see him shift to unlock the door.

The silence as you get in increases any awkwardness tenfold. When he shifts his attention from the blank stare he had while looking at the dash of his car to you, you think he's going to pick up the conversation from earlier. He opens his mouth then closes it once again.

"Do you need to drop off any prescriptions," he says, looking back down at his steering wheel.

"Uh no, the doctor just said I can take any acetaminophen if I need to," you say, very on edge by this sudden mood switch. It's what Spencer does when he has too many pent-up emotions. He pretends nothing is happening or that he's unbothered, but in reality, he is just very quiet and when he answers you back it's just slightly passive-aggressive, short answers.

That's exactly what he did. He just hummed at you as he turned the key in the car's ignition. There's nothing else you can do but look out the window, staring at the autumn leaves. It's hard to believe that it's already October. The time flying by is one of the many things you thought about the entire car ride home. How you've yet to tell your family back in Pennsylvania, what you're going to say to Spencer, JJ and Will's sudden wedding plans, and food are some of the other thoughts swirling about in your mind. Your stomach aches and you realize you haven't eaten since breakfast, and it is now nearing five pm.