Trick or Treat

Author's Note: So I spent the majority of my night last night in the er. The doctor that saw me tested me for covid and it came back negative which I figured since I'm vaxxed (including my booster) and I still wear a mask everywhere. Turns out, I have strep, for the fourth year in a row :/. So that's fun, but at least being stuck at home has forced me to edit this chapter. As always, this is not beta read and the gif is from google.

Warnings: implied stalking and harassment from an unknown party

Word Count: 3.0k

Chapter Eight: Trick or Treat

After Hotch's meeting at the round table, he gave everyone two days off after the weekend since none of you got that before. You were overjoyed because tomorrow was Sunday and that meant you had three full days off. You were only focused on packing up and getting ready to go trick or treating with Henry.

"I have an announcement to make. You guys know that Henry was hesitant to go trick or treating, but he finally decided he's going to go anyway," you hear JJ saying to everyone while you put everything away.

"Why did he change his mind?" Rossi asks while he's getting ready to go to dinner with Morgan.

"The BAU helped him. I told him to make a game out of figuring out which monsters were real and which ones weren't."

"So he's going to be a profiler," Morgan perks up.

"Yes, he's actually going to be his favorite profiler," JJ says with a wide grin on his face before Henry runs into the room with Garcia trailing behind him. You weren't all too focused because you knew you'd see Henry in a minute. It wasn't until everyone started to get all excited that you noticed Henry walked out dressed as Spencer.

"Say it," Garcia whispered into Henry's ear as Spencer crouched down in front of him.

"E equals MC squared," the little boy says with the biggest grin on his face. Everyone erupts into laughter. Spencer gives Henry a big hug, and before they break the hug, Henry looks over Spencer's shoulder with a huge smile. That warmed your heart and honestly, it took a lot to not shed a couple of happy tears. Afterward, Henry ran to you so you could get a closer look.

"Henry, you look great. Those monsters don't stand a chance!" You say, giving him a big squeeze.

"Thank you, aunt (y/n). What are you going to dress up as?"

You glance up at Spencer unsure of what the both of you are going to do. He presses his lips in a thin line and shrugs his shoulders. Neither of you had much time to figure it out, so you give Henry a completely bullshit answer, saying it's a surprise before snatching up Spencer to figure out a costume.

-

The both of you bounced ideas back and forth on what you're going to wear. You gave Spencer your phone, so he could scroll through Pinterest at different couples' costumes. He threw around a couple of different ideas such as an elderly couple, vampires, different ideas that had to do with horror movies. After a bit, his eyes lit up when you made a comment that you both could easily dress up as an elderly couple because of your shared fashion sense. He asked you to stop by a local costume shop before running in and coming back out with a small paper bag. He said he was going to combine two boring ideas to make a fun one. You chuckled when he said that the two of you were going to be an elderly vampire couple. You honestly thought the concept was a little silly at first, but the idea started to grow on you. With that, you drove back home to get dressed, so you could join Henry with his trick or treating