Prologue

Authors Note: If you despise any pregnancy plotlines this isn't for you. I'm taking a break from Mind, Body, and Soul btw, but it will be back soon. I just can't make myself write for it right now because I end up with really bad writer's block. I really love dad!Spence and I have terrible baby fever right now so this series is a bit self-indulgent ngl. Also, I'm trying out writing from a second person pov I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it or not but this series will be in second person pov. This is just a brief background and as always the gif isn't mine.

Content Warning: arguing, toxic relationship

Word Count: 900

Prologue

Life always seems to take shitty unexpected terms when things are finally going great. You met an amazing group of friends and you got an amazing job right out of college, but what do you get in return. Nonstop arguments with your boyfriend of three years. Working at the BAU was never your dream job; you certainly didn't go to college with the intent of working with rude detectives and looking at crime scene photos all day. It was actually one of your best friends JJ who mentioned they were looking for a new communication liaison who will work from Quantico occasionally alongside their tech analyst Penelope Garcia. At first, you had to think because it was still a bit of a move and your boyfriend would've had to get a new job. After some convincing from JJ, you both packed up your old apartments and bought a house together. You were ready to open up a new chapter in your life. Especially since it was beside JJ because she's practically your big sister.

JJ and you had met when you were kids. You moved in right next to her a couple of years after her sister passed away. She missed the little bickering and play fighting that came with the territory of having a sister. So you both became attached at the hip, and she quickly took the role of an overprotective momma bear with you. Even though, JJ moved to Virginia you guys still kept in close contact despite the distance between Pennsylvania and Virginia. Weeks after you graduated JJ came up to PA to celebrate and tell you about the job opportunity at the BAU since she was going to become a full time profiler. Your job is mostly figuring out which cases to handle when, sorting through cold cases, talking to the PD, and various other odds and ins. Hotch had taken on any other responsibilities that JJ previously had. Currently, you're only two years into the job and the opportunity to leave with the rest of the BAU has been few and far between.

When you first joined the team Emily, Morgan, and Penelope instantly opened up to you. On the other hand, Rossi, Hotch, and Reid were a bit tougher to crack. It was a bit intimidating because you were slightly younger than everyone else; four years younger than the youngest member at the time Spencer Reid. Regardless you still remember feeling overwhelmingly welcomed on the first day. You first saw Garcia, and she was the personification of sunshine. She instantly came over and offered you a hug. She then showed you to your shared office, which she decorated your side with trinkets and brightly colored stickers to help you feel welcomed.

After a bit, Hotch and JJ came in and asked how you were doing. Hotch then took you to meet everyone else; since you already met Hotch during your interview process it wasn't too awkward. Emily introduced herself then offered to have you over for wine and a movie night when you guys have a day off. Morgan gave you the nickname angel right away and now that you two are a lot closer sometimes he even takes it as far as calling you angel cakes only because he knows you don't mind it. He says he calls you that because you're so sweet, but you have a feeling angel cakes is referring to something else. Hotch and Rossi both took a paternal role with you as they did with the whole team as time went on. As for Spencer Reid, he was shy and quiet at first just giving you a small wave and slight nod. Hotch introduced Spencer to you for him and before you knew it you had your first case, but luckily it was close enough that they didn't have to travel. The next day he didn't even introduce himself formally at first he walked up to your desk in your shared office with Penelope as if you've been there for years and pointed out a book you were reading during your lunch. He soon picked up a conversation with you about the things the two of you have in common.

Your friendship with Spencer blossomed very fast after that. Soon you two were hanging out after work and on days off. That's when things took a rough turn. Even though before moving you told your boyfriend Jo that you would be gone a lot with this job, he assured you that it was okay. That's why when you came home at one am one night it shocked you that he decided it was a good time to pick a fight that you found absolutely ridiculous.