1 | Living with the Dursley's

A/N- in this fic there will be nice Dursleys and Petunia is a which she just doesn't practice magic and lives in the muggle world. And both Lily and Severus are purebloods as well as Tom.

A loud knock resonated the smaller bedroom, pulling the boy sitting on the bed out of his thoughts. There was soon a voice to be heard too.

"Dinner!" The deep, baritone voice called through the door, but with a certain softness to it.

"I'm coming!" The boy spoke back and retreating footsteps could be heard trapsing down the old, wooden steps.

The boy stood and exited the room with forest green walls and a snake mural painted as the centerpiece of the decoration. He walked through the hallway which was filled of pictures, both young and old. The one portrait that stood out though was one of a family.

A normal looking family. This particular family was made up of a heavy middle aged man with a bushy moustache covering his top lip and a head of fair, blond hair. A woman with a long face - some would say that of a horses - full, volumous brown hair and a long looking nose. A young boy, chubby like the man with shaggy looking brown hair like that of the woman's and ears to large for his head. Finally another boy of the same age but he was different from the other three. This boy had a mop of untameable jet black hair and striking emerald green eyes that hid behind large circular glasses.

The boy stopped and looked at the portrait, all of them smiling proudly and contently. The family looked happy and that alone brought a smile to the now older looking boy with the emerald green eyes. He soon looked passed the picture and walked off down the stairs.

"Ahh there you are Harry. I thought you had gotten lost" laughed the same woman with the long face from the portrait.

"I was looking at the painting of us all in the hallway upstairs aunt Petunia" the boy- Harry - replied with a small smile of his own.

"Well, sit and eat boy. Your food will get cold. And after dinner we open presents! Not everyday you turn 11!" The fat man from the same picture said in a joking manner.

"OK uncle Vernon, am I sitting next to Dudley?" Harry questioned. His uncle nodded and Harry sat next to the miniature looking version of the older man, his cousin.

His aunt Petunia sat opposite him after serving the food. Sausages, mashed potato and beans. A simple dinner for a simple family. Harry's cousin Dudley sat waiting patiently to be excused, after finishing his food in record time. How that boy doesn't end up with the hiccups after eating that quickly is a question nobody knows the answer to.

Suddenly a sharp pain shot through Harry's side and all the way up to his neck. He doubled over in pain and was groaning loudly. Both his aunt and uncle looked really concerned for their nephew. This wasn't normal. This had never happened before.

"Harry! Harry are you alright!?" His uncle Vernon asked quickly, all he got in return was a louder groan of pain. Petunia was suddenly by his side and was leading him out of the front door, Vernon and Dudley following behind her with the car keys.

Petunia sat in the backseat of the car with her nephew doubled up in pain over her lap and her son in the front of the car as Vernon drove to the nearest hospital for magical folk. They knew their nephew was magical, there was no way he couldn't be, not with his parentage.

As they pulled up to St Mungos for Magical Maladies and Injuries, petunia gather her nephew up and hopped out of the car as soon as it stopped. Harry was checked in and a healer was with him immediately after they arrived.

After a consult with a healer, it was confirmed that Harry was infact a wizard and was currently going through an inheritance meaning he would have a creature side, a mate and extensive magical abilities that came with said creature.

For Harry the pain hadn't stopped and was getting worse, his joints were throbbing, his gums were practically shredding in his mouth and he could feel something piercing through the skin on his back and poking through the ends of his forehead.

Soon his aunt and uncle took him back home and lay him in his bed to carry out his inheritance.