18 | A What!

"Well one thing is for sure! I'm taking nothing to do with that thing again! Unless it's to get it out of those conditions!" Neville snapped.

Harry, Draco and Ron nodded. Hermione was lost in thought. The young Vaenix threw a crumpled ball of paper at her head to get the girls attention.

"Did none of you see what it was standing on?" She received a dead pan look from the other four.

"We were to busy with trying to keep it from ripping us apart Hermione" neville snapped.

"Ugh. It was standing on a trapdoor. That must be what the old goats was rambling on about at the opening feast." She explained.

"Hermione?" Draco called on her. The blond looked to Harry who instantly got what he was on about.

"Mmh?" The girl hummed in response.

"Your Gryffindor is showing dear" Harry carried on, laughing at the look of disgusting on the Slytherin girls face.

"Piss off you lot" she grumbled.

"Oi what have we done?!" Neville exclaimed, mocking offense.

"Nothing. Yet!" Hermione laughed along with Ron and Harry. Draco smiled at his group of friends.

"What ever it is, what is it doing in a school full of kids?" Ron asked, confused.

"Maybe it's protecting something. That's why it's standing on a trapdoor?" Neville suggested.

"It is protecting something. Its a hell hound. Hell hounds are known for protecting the gates of hell. They are extremely loyal and exceptionally amazing at guarding and protecting. Every hound has its weakness. Hades' hell hound's weakness was his throat. Grab his throat and he became submissive." Harry rattled on. Everybody looked at him with their jaws hanging open.

"What? I done a project on them in primary five!" He exclaimed. Hermione giggled at the clueless looks on the others faces.

"So all we have to do is find it's weakness and then move it?" Draco asked to nobody in particular.

"No" Harry replied bluntly.

"What?"

"No. You guys forget about my abilities. I can speak to all creatures." Harry told the group in a 'duh' tone.

"OK, OK. Lemme get this straight. You want to go back to that creature, have a civil conversation and help it escape" Ron asked, incredulously. Harry nodded, if he heard the sarcasm then he ignored it.

"Well, yeah" Harry replied. He did want to do that.

"Well that is a stupid plan!" Draco commented. Harry just glared at him half heartedly.

"Harry, Your Hufflepuff is showing" Hermione huffed.

"Your damn right it is! There is nothing wrong with Hifflepuffs" Harry huffed.

"He has a point guys!" Neville caught the groups attention.

"Oh, sorry Nev" Hermione laughed. Harry and Neville didn't find it very amusing.

"I'm going to free that hound with or without your help so are you in or out?" The Vaenix asked the group who had concerned looks on their faces.

"I'll help!" Draco said, determined to help his mate.

"Me too!" Ron was next.

"Not me!" Neville and Hermione said together.

"Sorry, but I don't want to die!" Hermione exclaimed.