14 | Flying lessons

Harry, Draco, Hermione and Neville were walking together to their flying lessons since they are all in the same class.

"Guys, I'm no good a flying" Neville spoke, no worry evident in his voice. More of an explanation.

"If it makes you feel better Nev this will be mine and 'Mione's first time on a broom" Harry told the boy who looked as calm as could be.

"Yeah, and I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy it" Hermione replied with a slight tinge of green on her face.

"I think you will. Anyway Neville, I will teach you how to fly properly" Draco spoke up, Neville nodded and they all continued on their way.

The Slytherin first years were lined up on one side along with Neville and half of Hufflepuff while Gryffindor lined the other side with the rest of the Puffs.

"Good morning class!" Madam Hooch yelled clearly.

"Good morning Madam Hooch!" Came the chorus of greeting. Madam Hooch smiled before she started to yell out commands.

"Stand next to your broom! Hold your hand over it and yell up!" Hooch told the children.

The raven and blond headed boys were among the first to get their brooms of the ground, surprisingly Neville's broom lifted with the comman. Weasley glared at the three who were chatting excitedly to one another.

After some trouble of getting the brooms up the whole class finally had their ratty old school brooms in hand.

"Now! I want you all to mount your brooms and becareful not to slip off. Once you are mounted you will push off the ground firmly on my count to three." Hooch told the rowdy bunch of 11 year old who all nodded enthusiasticly.

Everybody had mounted and now Madam Hooch was counting down from three.

As everyone rose up into the sky Neville's broom decided to go rouge. No mistake of the boy who was gaining his confidence mind you. He started to hover higher than the others and eventually his broom just took off, Neville on it.

"Mr Longbottom! Pull up your broom!" Madam Hooch yelled.

"I'm trying!" Neville shouted back, not sounding fazed at all until the broom stopped dead in the air causing poor Neville to go flying over it and he was just barely caught by a spire that latched onto his robes. Though the material ripped and the boy fell from the height. A sickening crack sounding to all watching.

Harry yelled his name as he fell, Weasley just laughed. The Vaenix urged his broom forward with natural talent towards one of his newly made best friends. Madam Hooch had already ran to him, picking him up from the floor ready to drag him off.

Neville dropped the Rememberall his gran had sent him and Weasley saw.

"Ha, The idiot dropped this!" Ron laughed, his little lackeys copying him.
"If only the fat lump had given this a squeeze he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse" he laughed some more.

Harry stepped up in a fit of rage.

"Give it back Weasley!" He demanded.

"No, I don't think I will" he chuckled before throwing it into the air and catching it again.

"Give. Me. It." Harry responded, teeth gritted, wings ready for popping out.

"No." Ron replied without a second thought and shakily took off from the ground on his broom. Harry copied his moves and was soon in the air a lot more elegantly than the Weasley boy. Harry had a lot more control over his broom while Ron's was gittering in every direction.

"Give me it" Harry sighed.

"Fine you want it?" Harry nodded with minimal effort. "Gi and catch it then!" Ron laughed manically as he launched the Rememberall towards his father's study without realising it.

Harry rushed to catch the small ball and was practically doing somersaults to achieve his goal. He caught the Rememberall just before it broke a window and Harry pulled up so quick he nearly smashed it. Harry threw it strongly through the air to Draco who caught it effortlessly. The whole of Slytherin and Hufflepuff cheered for him but it was short lasted as Professor Snape came marching out of the building.

"50 points of Gryffindor Weasley for the mistreatment and bullying of a student when they are not around to defend themselves!" Severus snapped at the now pale boy. The whole of Gryffindor booed Ron.

"Harry, Draco come with me" Severus told the two boys who didn't know whether to be smug or scared.

Harry and Draco followed after Severus unsure of what to feel, they kept their heads down until Severus spoke.

"You aren't in trouble" he stated with a soft tone. Both Draco and Harry had heard this so it didn't bother them how he sounded.

"We aren't?" Draco inquired further.

"No, in fact, I want to put you two on the quidditch team." Snape told the two.

"Really!" Harry beamed excitedly.

"Yes-" Severus walked through a classroom door which happened to be his own, "-Flint!" He called through. Marcus flint walked out looking slightly scared, unsure whether he had done something wrong.

"Yes, Professor?" He asked rather timidly for a Slytherin.

"You were complaining about Hoggs and Montaugue-" he paused, Flint nodded, "-well then I found you new players" Severus told the boy who perked up a little bit.

"Who professor?" He asked.

"Harry here will take over for Higgs and Draco, Montague." Marcus looked at the two in disbelief.

"Arent they first years? I thought first years aren't allowed on the teams?" Flint asked.

"They are not, but the head of house can make acception based of talent and now emotional attachment like I know your thinking" Severus practically growled at the last bit.

"You can take them or leave them, it's up to you." Severus glared.

"I expect you two on the pitch tonight, that it, if your serious about this" Flint told the two boys who nodded.

"Good, you are dismissed now Flint" severus told the boy who hurried back of into the classroom. When Marcus was gone Harry attacked Severus in a bear hug, holding his dad tight.

Chuckling the potions master hugged back before looking at Draco and nodded and soon he had both children in his arms.

Both boys went on about the rest of their day obviously excited for the quidditch 101 with Flint.

The two headed down to the quidditch pitch after they had eaten and seen Marcus had left.

The older Slytherin captain gave Harry a quick introduction to the balls before he had the two in the air, practising their jobs on the team in perfect harmony. Now Marcus knew what Snape meant by Talent.

As the lesson ended, Harry decided to spend some time with his ferret since he hadn't really gotten to recently. Draco went straight to bed.