4 | Grandfather, Queen and a new room

Severus arrived home with his son to the Riddle Manor. Where his father lives.

"Dad I'm home!" Severus yelled, walking through the threshold of the Manors doors, with wards protecting the place of course. We wouldn't want any meddling old goats walking in, now would we?

Harry was looking around the manor in clear shock, from the slack jaw to the wide eyes. He scoured in every little detail of the intricate flooring papers to the ingravings and portraits on the walls.

Just them a tall, aristocratic looking man walked in with neatly gelled jet black hair, dark brown eyes and gorgeous smile walked into the foyer where the father and son currently stood. When the man noticed Harry his face remained unchanged. If he was surprised you'd never know.

"Who is this Severus?" The man questioned his son.

"Harry, this is Harry. He is my son" Severus told his own father with a certain fear of unacceptance.

"Son? Why didn't I know this?" The man asked, sounding offended.

"I didn't know until today otherwise I would have told you" Severus told him with a looking of guilt. Harry gripped his father's cloak in a desperate attempt to shy away.

"Harry, this is your Grandfather, Tom" the man told his son with a soft smile written on his face. Harry gripped even tighter when Tom kneeled down to his eye level.

"Hello there Harry. We are going to take very good care of you. Ok?" Tom asked, unsure of the reaction he would get from the raven haired boy.

Slowly Harry nodded, a smile spreading across his handsome features, his wings fluttered a little and that's when Tom finally noticed them.

"His creature is a dark fae?" He questioned, fingers reaching to brush the midnight black feathers.

"And a Pheonix and a Vampire" Harry said shyly. Tom's jaw dropped.

"You are one powerful boy, becareful not to let others know just how powerful. They may use it against you" Tom said with so much adoration in his voice. His grandson is a handsome, powerful, young man and he is going to Hogwarts in a few months. That isn't a good combination. If Dumbledore finds out just how powerful Harry really is, he will masterfully and skillfully plot the boys demise.

Harry nodded at his grandfather.

"Come on I'll show you your new room." Severus said to his son, leading him off into a corridor, leaving Tom to think of a way to keep his new grandson safe from meddling old coots.

"Here it is. Its not much right now but its charmed to change and redecorate however you envision it in this room" Sev told the young boy who was marveling at the room. A Queen sized bed stood up against the largest wall, couches and a large muggle TV mounted onto the wall across from the bed sat undusted and still in packaging. A large spruce bookshelf held hundreds off new books and old, children's novels, history books, biographies on the boys favourite musicians. There was also a record player with a Queen album and also a few cassette tapes and a walkman.

The boy had made the room his own without even thinking to much about it. The walls were forest green, his silk bedsheets and curtains black, and his couches, grey. Silver letters wrote out the name 'Harry' along the trunk infront of his bed and a large queen poster above said bed.

Severus looked at the Queen poster with a smile on his face.

"You like Queen?" He asked the smiling boy.

"Who doesn't?!" Harry replied, "they are the best band to have ever been created" he finished with a smile of his own. Severus noticed how his son's face lights up talking about Queen, looks like both father and son have mutual interests in music taste.

"Favourite song?" Severus asked, curiosity taking over.

"Fat bottomed girls" Harry answered without hesitation. Severus smiled, its his favourite too. "Yours?" Harry asked him.

"Well it just so happens that, that is mine too" he told the boy.

"I'm going to go and talk to your grandfather, I'll have a house elf show downstairs in the morning. When you are up and ready just call on Dinky!" Severus said the name rather loudly and with a pop a leathery looking creature showed up in front of the duo.

"Master called Dinky?" The little elf said with a large smile on what looks to be her, face.

"Yes, this is Harry, my son. You are to be his personal elf" Severus said with a kind smile towards the creature, Dinky nodded and got permission to go back to her job.

"I will see you in the morning" Severus smiled again. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight dad" Harry said, liking the way that word sounded. Severus opened the door again and walked back out, leaving Harry.

Harry once again stared in awe at his room, marvelling at how it magically changed and reorganised itself.

He sat for what must have been an hour or two reading a book called 'Shiloh' with his walkman playing through his earphones.

After the boy put his, now finished, book down he left for his ensuite bathroom to prepare him for bed. Brushing his teeth was quite simple and wasnt an activity the boy ever missed, for the fear of his teeth falling out or turning yellow. He took of his half torn t-shirt of and untangled it from his wings before putting on a magically modified top to allow his wings to be free and changed from a plain pair of joggies into a pair of pajama shorts. The boy the climbed into bed and fell asleep peacefully.