Chapter Seven

(Y/N)'s POV

I was halfway to my house before Topanga caught up to me and put her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged her hand off of me and kept walking. "Leave me alone."
"(Y/N) you know he had to know, or you would've been pining over him forever!"
I turned around, "And that's how it was supposed to be! He wasn't supposed to know so I could get my head straight and realize that I was being stupid and I was gonna get over it! Now that can't happen. He knows and now it's going to be awkward and mess up the whole groups dynamic. You and Cory are the lovey ones. Not me and especially not Shawn!" I sighed. "Topanga, you know me. You know how I am. I never like anybody, I never have crushes. You have to understand how scary that is for me, especially since Shawn's been my best friend since we were in kindergarten."
Topanga looked down, "You're right, I hadn't even thought about that. I'm so sorry (Y/N)."
"It's okay, I forgive you. But I can't go back in there." I just needed to go and clear my head.
Topanga nodded and hugged me. "Okay, I'll see you later." I smiled and walked back home.
I climbed through my bedroom window so my mom wouldn't catch me home early and laid on my bed. Why was this happening? I never get crushes on anyone and the one time I do it's on the most important person in my life? This could ruin everything. No. I'm not gonna let it. This isn't me. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair, sighing. Eventually I went downstairs and grabbed a snack and went back to my room. I carefully set the plate on my bed so it wouldn't knock over and spill and got started on my homework.

A few hours went by as I finished my work and started doodling. I closed my sketchbook and laid on my bed, closing my eyes. I heard a knock on my window. I figured it was Topanga so I invited her in.
I heard the window open and I felt the bed dip. "I didn't think you'd let me in after today."
That wasn't Topanga's voice. I looked at the end of the bed and saw a pair of black docs. Shawn. I sighed internally and turned my head to look at him. "Hey. Look I'm really-"
"Don't worry. I know you and I know you don't really like me. You don't like anyone, you never had. Whatever happened today was just a fluke." Shawn ruffled my hair at the top of my head and I sighed from relief.
"Thank you for getting it." I smiled. "You're the best best friend a girl could ever ask for."
"And you're the best best friend a boy could ever ask for." He sat up and opened up his arms for a hug, naturally I accepted. He wrapped his arms around me and I thought things would have gone back to normal, but something happened. It was like I was heating up. I shook it off. Whatever it was that I was feeling was going to go away. Like Shawn said, it's just a fluke. Right?

----

okokok i know its short but i broke through some of my block and WROTE i hope yall dont hate me <3