Chapter Six

(Y/N)'s POV

I followed Topanga out of the bathroom. "Topanga, please. Don't do this to me. I can't handle it right now."
She turned to face me and crossed her arms. "Look, I said what I needed to say. Are you going to tell him or not?"
I took in a big breath and sighed. "No. I'm not going to tell him, and neither are you. Okay?"
"No. Not okay! I'm telling Shawn you like him, he's gonna tell you that he likes you too, and then you guys will be just like Cory and I."
"Topanga, when are you and Cory gonna understand that no one else is like you guys. Especially Me and Shawn. Your type of relationship is like one in a billion. Why can't you just get that?"
"Because, (Y/N), you guys are meant to be. I'm telling him." She turned and went over to Shawn by his locker.
I didn't follow her. I couldn't handle being there when she told him. I just froze. I stood where I froze and just watched.
"Hi Shawn," Topanga placed her hand on his shoulder. "I have something important to tell you."
"Oh hey, Topanga. What's up?" Shawn smiled.
"Well, I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm just going to say it. (Y/N) likes you. Isn't that great? Now just go on over there and tell her you like her too and take her on a date."
Shawn's smile lessened. I knew what was coming. I wanted to walk away but I couldn't. I just stood there. Still frozen.
"Topanga, she's my best friend. I'm sorry. I don't have any feelings for her." Shawn frowned.
As soon as I heard those words everything went silent. I knew it was coming. Why did it hurt so much? I felt tears run down my cheeks and felt my feet unfreeze from the ground. I turned and ran as fast I could. I couldn't tell if i was still in school or not. I just ran, hearing Topanga calling after me.