Cade Book: More than Friends

Please read the author note at the end (more specifically the last paragraph)

After Jade and Sam have met and Cat and Jade had their little rendez-vous (aka the moment)—

Jade: *just waltzes into the house thru the patio door.*

Sam: *on the couch watching Tv (commercial is on)*

J: "hey"

S: *turns around to see who it is* "hey"

J: "what are you watching"

S: "Ellen's game of games"

J: ..?

S: "yea she has a game show too apparently"

J: *'ah cool' nod* "where is cat?"

S: "Bathroom"

J: "Too much blue dog-?"

S: "yYupp"

*commercial ends and the show starts again*

J: "is this actually..entertaining?"

S: "I like watching the people get scared and screaming when they get something wrong"

J: *sits down next to her with a pillow between them cause ew ppl* "so what happens to them when they get something wrong"

S: "it depends on the game, they can get water thrown on them, get shoved thru a wall, kicked by a giant boot, have mysterious powders dumped on them.. you get the idea"

J: *sarcastically* "they ever get a car battery dropped on their head 🙄"

S: *takes a moment to have a reaction* "that is oddly specific yet somehow not specific enough.."

J: "last year some *air quote* friends *unquote* from school and I went on this pilot for a weird game show called 'Brain Squeezers' because of stupid Tori and we all got 'Doinked'"

S: "the hell is a 'doink'"

J: *turns to face her and proceeds to explain what it is and tell Sam stories of what happened while on the show*

-small time skip-

S: *laughing* "a giant wrestler just layed on top of her? rlly?"

J: *laughing at the memory of Tori's pain* "u can't make this stuff up"

Cat: *comes out of the bathroom and walks back to the couch to keep watching the funny show with the excited people, only to find her g- her bes- to find Jade and Sam laughing together on the couch* 🥺 *meant to be in an angry tone, but comes out in a whimper/half whisper: "jade"

J: *hears it and turns around to see cat turning the corner back to her and Sam's room 🏃‍♀️*

C: *hurt and angry, storms out and runs to her bed*

J: *gets up to follow her*

S: "what happened t-"

J: "I got it" *runs after Cat, and knocks on the door frame cause the door was alr open*

C: "who is it?"

J: *softly* "it's me..jade"

C: ...

J: "cat can I come in?"

C: "...cats not here right now, leave a message after the beep.......beep"

J: *restrains herself from walking in anyways and sighs* "uh hi kitty cat.. it's me,, jade. Can I come in? I wanna talk to u.. see if-" ur getting too soft jade *changes her tone to be more detached* "-if ur okay or whatever"