OC x Reader

Fem OC x NB reader one shot

3rd person POV

Y/n was walking around the block with their parents. They didn't rlly wanna go out, but their mom asked and it didn't really seem like they had much of a choice anyways. On their way out Y/n had grabbed a piece of gum, being too lazy to go back into the house to throw away the wrapper, they fidgeted around with it while on the walk. After turning a corner they spotted one of their neighbor's trash cans, and went up to it to throw away the wrapper. A dirty blonde, short-haired girl on a skateboard stoped to throw something in the can, stopping briefly to look at Y/n. "Hey i uhm.. I like ur style" said Y/n. They had no idea why they said that, it just slipped out. 

"Thanks" the girl said in a hushed voice, kind of looking down. "I like urs.. you um, your into fruit right?". Y/n couldn't help but laugh a little, the skater's face looked like the dictionary definition of a mental facepalm.. it was kind of cute.

"Yea I'm pretty fruity if that's what u mean" replied y/n, glancing over at their parents who were walking but still within earshot. It seems the girl got the hint cause after taking a second to examine y/n's outfit she said 

"Sweater weather right?"

"Girl in Red"

"Ah nice"

"How about u?"

"Well I uh," she took a minute, thinking of a creative way to say this.. "I bake a lot, I like spending time in the kitchen with all the pots and pans"

"Ahh yes, we Stan the pans" y/n replied smugly, not talking ab the cooking utensil. ((A/N: this is so cringey I'm so sorry sbjsbswn))

"Y/N!!" Y/n's mom called out to them, about to turn the corner not wanting to leave them behind.

"COMING!!" Y/n replied, knowing they had to wrap it up with the blonde.

"Y/n? Nice name" said the blonde smirking, catching on to what y/n's mom said. "Ik you gotta go but uh, could I get your snap?"

"Ye- shit sry, I don't have Snapchat" their expressions changed, low key disappointed at the fact that they didn't have the app. "Oh but can I get ur insta?"

"[insert the skater's @ here]"

"Thanks, I'll DM u" y/n said, failing to conceal their bright smile. The girl grabbed her skate board and placed it at the tip of her toes, grabbing the other end with her hand. Y/n was also ready to leave about to go catch up with their parents, but not before turning around and pointing out "wait-! I didn't catch ur name"

"I didn't throw it" said the girl smirking, y/n could swear they heard that one meme in the background.

"Okay sure JD" they joked. Not being able to help themselves from being absolute Heather's trash. They probably blew it with her already.

"That would make you Veronica then, wouldn't it?" She replied, the smirk still present on her face. Y/n was standing there looking like the surprised pikachu face, shocked that she understood their reference. "I'm more of a Mcnamawyer stan myself.." she winked before letting the end of her skateboard drop and skating away. Y/n found themselves watching her leave before sprinting back to their parents and whipping out their phone to open the gc:'omg y'all will not believe what just pappened-!'.