Chapter 6

At night, when Lia came back from her half day trip in old town, dad wasn't home yet. She called him and he said he would be home later. So, Lia had to prepare the dinner herself. A quick and simple dinner she thought. Microwave foods.

    She took out the udon from the freezer and put it into the microwave oven. When it was done, the kitchen was filled with the smell of udon. Lia finished it, washed the chopsticks and went upstairs to her bedroom.

    After a cold shower, she put on the pajamas and lay on the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. She rarely stayed outside for such a long time and was in a low battery state now. As she felt her eyelids were heavier, a call woke her up.

    "Hey, are you home?" Yeji said
    "On my bed, very comfortable"
    "You sound tired. You went exercising?"
    "I went to some places in old town today"
    "Ah~you make me wanna join you tomorrow. The mall isn't as beautiful as your town"
    "I hope I can show you around. And you can come to my place too"
    "Yeah, you should come to mine, too. It's a fancy apartment on the hills"
    "Rich Yeji"
    "Old town girl" They chuckled.

    Yeji talked about how the mall looked like and shared some rumours she got with Lia. Some of them were so hilarious that Lia almost cried because of long laughing.

And Lia described the view of the old town to Yeji. Even though she could google the pictures, Yeji enjoyed imagining how it felt like by Lia's words.

Lia also told her about Jessica, the girl inviting her to her place this morning. Yeji couldn't believe how they get along. They got so different personality.

    Then, Yeji suddenly thought of something.
    "I may not be available the next week. The summer game was next next Monday. And if we win, we're gonna stay there for another match. I'm sorry if you want me to stay"

    Lia paused and didn't reply.
    "Are you listening? I'll return and you can see me then"
    "I'm listening, and don't need to feel sorry. I can wait till you come back. But"

    She paused again.
    "But what?"
    "Can we meet tomorrow? I wanna give you something"
    "Course, I don't like staying in the apartment. I need friends"
    A smile bloomed on Lia's face.
    "How about we keep the phone on when we sleep?"
    "Crazy old town girl" Yeji said.

    They did. They had a long chat. Lia slept first, an hour after her dad returned. She had never done this before, but you could tell that she was happy. Someone cared about her and perhaps needed her.

/

    The next morning, Yeji woke up first. She slept less than four hours. From the phone, she could hear slight snore by Lia. She didn't wake her up and did her morning routine to refresh herself.

When it was ten in the morning, she returned to her bedroom and google places to go out with Lia. If only that wall was made of paper but not steel. She wished she had magic to go through it.

    "Good morning~Yeji" Lia woke up.
    "You too. You sleep for a long time"
    "Let's me see, six hours? Not long enough"
    "I'm looking for some places to go online. I think we should meet earlier. You don't wanna go out at noon"

    Lia slowly got up and prepared everything she needed. Oh, and something she wanna give Yeji. A little one. Exotic.

They decided to went to a park. It was large and there were a variety of trees and creatures. It provided enough shadows and coolness for the people there. Even if you went at noon, it wouldn't be too hot.