Chapter 15

Lia's POV

Ryujin said she wanna pick us up at 6:50 in the morning. The train station was in the same direction as the creepy tunnel. It only took six more minutes to get there. We would have enough time to check in.

This feels as happy as seeing Yeji in the old town for the first time. Like a dream come true! Before, I could only watch her come and leave. But I can throw myself into her arms whenever I want now. She can sleep with me in my bedroom, listen to music. It can't be better.

And now, we're going to countryside for two days! A sense of happiness expands in me, even though at this moment, Yeji is still on the bed?!

"I thought you woke up! Hurry, Ryujin will be downstairs soon"
"Oh? I woke up. I am just thinking if we forget something. We don't wanna be stopped by the border patrol" she said and got up.

I took care of baggage and necessities for trip. Yeji took care of the documents and booked the hotel. We planned the trip together~

Then, I heard someone honked outside. It was Ryujin. We brought all the baggage downstairs, put them in the car and she drove off.

"Good morning. How is everything going?" It was so nice of her to buy us breakfast.
"Very well. You're a great help" I said.
"Anytime. Did you finish the black box mission?" Ryujin looked at us in the rearview mirror.

Oh! You mean that!
"You told us that is drug!" I said
"Come on. It added more fun to the mission! And you two get to know my friends there"
"How did you know them?" Yeji asked
"Long story. I got over the wall. Nearly got caught by the police. You know, they could shoot at you. They saved me and we became family"

Ryujin stopped at a traffic light and turned left.
"They stayed at other places too. After you two come back, I can show you around"

Then, we arrived at the train station. It was a broad place. Hills in the new town could be seen in the distance. The border felt dangerous but beautiful at the same time.

We drove pass the entrance, soldiers checked our ID card. The main body was behind a parking lot. Ryujin dropped us off and we gave her a big hug.

"Call me if you need any help" She patted us on shoulders and left.
"Let's go. We have to check in" Yeji said and we walked toward the main body. In front of a huge station, we looked pretty small.

It took us a few minutes to pass the customs. We gave them all the documents and they asked us some questions. Yeji seemed a bit nervous and so did I! I worried that they may find something wrong. I touched Yeji's hand and she held it back, which made me feel safe.

"Hope you have a nice trip" The officer let us go. I was finally relieved.

We sat on the long bench at the D2 platform. To my surprise, there were many people here actually, mostly grownups. You could see some families here too.

The main body was made of steel. Glass ceiling in a beautiful curve, like half of a circle. Sunlight spread in and made here bright. Yeji. Yeji seemed like having a headache?

"You ok? Didn't sleep well last night?"
She leaned and rested her arms on knees, frowned. She shook her head, tried to get rid of something.
"I'm fine. You look beautiful today" she said.
My heart raced.

Within a few minutes, the train slipped into the platform and took us away.

The train left old town and entered part of new town. The speed was still low. Between hills, I got to see a number of towering buildings gleaming under the sun. Bridges across the river and many houses on the hills.