Chapter 26

Monday night. They went back to Lia's bedroom after school. Going home again made them feel happy, especially Lia.

Yeji opened the window and let the fresh air in. She lay on Lia's soft bed comfortably and listened to songs by The Smiths. There were some of their vinyl on the shelf. Lia forgot how she got them.

"Are you preparing for the Music Night on this weekend?" Yeji asked. Lia sat at the desk and took note on a paper printed with lyrics. She circled some words and put a narrow near it.

"I can't believe I only have four days left. The rehearsal is on Friday! " Lia said and messed up her brown hair.
"Don't get stress out, babe. It won't take you too much time to practice the song" Yeji said and stopped the record player.

"I hope so. Speaking of this, I'll be staying after school for this week. I need to use the practice room" Lia said.
"ooh~sounds like a pop singer. We can meet after your practice"
"Or, you can find me at the practice room" Lia thought and said.
"How? Am I allowed to go in?"
"You can say you are delivering food to a student" She did a finger snapping.
"I bet you're not only a genius in games" Yeji said and smiled at her. She was glad to have that happy Lia back.

Yeji slept first. Lia put on the earbuds and took note on the papers. She worked until late at night. She dozed off at the desk with the table lamp on.

/

Tuesday. When Yeji's last morning class ended, she got a text from Yuna saying that she wanna have lunch with her. They met at a long bench near the soccer field. The place were under the shadows of the building.

"Hey, what's up. You haven't texted me for years" Yeji sat down on the bench and took a bite of bagel.
"You're at the old town every day. I can't play with you after school" Yuna pouted.
"oh, you can find me on Thursday. I go to dance studio and I'm free after that" Yeji said and Yuna thought.

"Yeji, I wanna dye my hair blonde" Yuna said and looked at Yeji's orange hair.
"Serious?" Yeji put down her bagel.
"Yeah. Joanne said she got a blonde short hair and I wanna have a blonde hair too"
"Blonde hair? I happen to know a friend who got a blonde"

Wait. Blonde short hair? Yeji thought. She rarely saw people with that hair colour. The only one she knew was Ryujin. And she thought of the talk with Ryujin. She also met a friend online. Would that be...

"Yuna. Where does Joanne live?"
"Old..town? I know it's weird! I hate people at old town before but I don't hate it anymore I"

Yuna explained but Yeji soon realised that Joanne is Ryujin. That's so unexpected!

"You're dating Ryujin?" Yeji couldn't believe it.
"What do you mean?? You know her? Is that her real name?" Yuna covered her mouth and her ears got red and hot.
"It can't be wrong. She has short blonde hair and live in an apartment at old town"
"Does she like ball lollipop?" Yuna asked.
"she likes it and even changes her favourite one because of you"

Shy, Yuna covered her face with two hands. Her secret was discovered by Yeji and she was dating her friend! Yeji looked at Yuna and slowly connected all the things together in her head. They all made sense.

"She is Ryujin?" Yuna asked again and looked at Yeji through the gap between her fingers.
"Two hundred percent sure"

Yuna said they texted each other first time in the summer vacation. They got along. Yuna thought she is a cool girl. Everything Ryujin said interested her and she liked them so much.

Yuna knew that she lived in old town one day. They were talking about the places they liked. Yuna was interested in one of them and google it. It turned out to be a place in old town. Yuna asked and Ryujin said she lives in old town.