Chapter 34

Yeji's POV

When I woke up, I found my arms around Lia. Her head below my chin and I felt her long hair in my hand. Usually it was Lia putting her arms on me. But I don't like the sunlight coming from the window, so I turned to her.

Ryujin went back to train yard after the double check on her arm at hospital. We came home last night and slept in Lia's bedroom. No wonder my feet were as cold as the floor! The bed sheets in the apartment is way bigger than this one.

"Babe, I am going to school~" I said to Lia and put on a cotton vest over my winter uniform. I often woke her up before going to school. She nodded slightly and waved little at me.

7:45. I went out and headed to the wall. For the pass few days, Yuna kept asking me to tell her this spot. But I remember Ryujin told me that if I tell, I'll never be able to climb over it. I wanna help but the scary consequence stops me there.

At school, the life for the third graders was having tests and studying. But not me. I wanna be a dancer in the future.

The last class before lunch began. We would have a test. The test papers were passed down from the first row.

I don't wanna take the test! I looked out via the window. The sky looked like a wide spread of soaked cotton. I could sniff the smell of rain. Then, an idea flashed through my mind.

I folded the test paper and made it into paper plane. I took out a mark and wrote down words on it.

"To Lia in the old town" I grinned.

I was waiting for a perfect wind to carry the paper plane away. And there it is! I threw it out and watched it fly in the air.

/

It rained at the lunch time, which made twelve o'clock looked like five in the afternoon. I had yogurt and some bread for lunch with friends.

While I was scrolling my phone, a sudden call almost made me drop it. Lia called me? Weird. She never called me at school. She really got that paper plane??

"Babe? You never call me at school" I left the girls and walked to a quiet corner.
"Did you see the news?! The police swarmed into the universities. My dad is there!"

What?! I checked the news and found it. An hour ago, police broke in the universities and started fierce battles with students.

"I, I don't know. Are you okay there? Are they coming for your school??" I got nervous.
"I'm good. They closed all the exits in school. I worry about dad" Lia said in concern.

Lia told me before that her dad started working in university. He counted it as a way to help him move on. Playing music, meeting people, having a place to go every day.

"Did you call him??"
"He didn't answer! My friends are calling their brothers and sisters too. It stresses me out"

I could feel the chaos at her school in phone. It was filled with noises and sounds. It happened so fast. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Babe, you need to calm down. Find a quiet place and take a deep breath. You're making me nervous too"
"I know a place" Lia said.

I heard Lia walking and the noise was slowly away from her. She said there was less people.
"Good. Sounds much better now"

Lia told me a boy ran in and interrupted the class. He shouted and everyone took out the phone to check. The LIVE was scary. The camera shook greatly and police chased after students.