Chapter 13

They met each other sometimes after the short trip to the beach. Yeji came to old town and hanged out with Lia. They went to movies, restaurants and places in the old town. Yeji also taught Lia some soccer.

Yeji would come to Lia's place sometimes. She rarely met Lia's dad. Lia told him that she was a friend at the high school. He was glad that Lia smiled more often than before.

In the bedroom, they listened to music or watched TV series. There is a wooden nightstand beside the bed and Lia put her record player on it, a white one with a turntable cover to avoid dust. She stored the vinyl on a shelf near the door. She got some from her dad.

/

One afternoon, while they were listening to Norah Jones on the record player. Lia told her.
"I have a cool friend and I wanna let you guys meet"
"Oh? That sounds cool. Where can we meet her?"
"At donut store. She works there. But I'm not sure if she is still there. It's hard to know where she is"
"Hard to know where she is? You make me wanna know this friend"

Lia nodded.
"I think you two will get along"

Then, before they set off, Lia called Ryujin first. She said she was at the store and just started a few minutes ago. They could come.

They walked to the street outside and took the streetcar to the donut store. The Neon light sign of the donut store could be seen. They went in and the bells on the door clanged. Ryujin saw and greeted them with a smile.

"You changed your hair colour?" Lia asked.
"Midnight blue. I saw a model on the magazine and I was like, this is the colour I wanna have"
"How about you and Yeji? You both changed hair colour" Ryujin was busy making tea for the customers.
"Me?" Yeji had no idea how this girl knew her name and her changing hair colour.
"Oops. Good to see you. I'm Ryujin. Your girlfriend told me about you and she likes you so much and showed me your pictures and"

Lia covered Ryujin's mouth, tried to make her stop. Yeji blushed and Ryujin was still Ryujin.

"Okay Okay, if manager see me like this, I will get into trouble. Don't you ask your girlfriend what she would like to have?" She talked to Lia in that playful face. Lia gave up and asked Yeji what she wanted to eat.

They got same donuts.

Ryujin brought the donuts and tea to them. She held a cup of tea in hand too.
"To girlfriend, your girlfriend" She cheers the cup with that of Yeji.

Lia had a face like I dunno what to say. They chuckled and took a bite of donut.

"She is cool" Yeji said and her gaze fell onto the boots Ryujin wore.
"She bought you the same black boots huh"
"Before the summer vacation. The second time we met, I told her I wanna buy one. Do you want this boots too?"

"Not this one~" Ryujin heard it when she was cleaning the table next to them. She walked closer and looked at Yeji from head to toe, like a fashion designer. She thought about it seriously and said.

"Yeji is taller. She would look good in a high Martin boots. What do you think. I can bring it to you when it's autumn. Summer is too hot for that boots"
"Yeah, I love it. But you can bring it to Lia first" Yeji replied.
"That's what I call friend. Can you wait until six? I wanna chat with you guys"

They both nodded. Ryujin left with a satisfied face and continued her work at the counter. She turned on the radio and played R&B music.

/

18:37

Customers in the store were less and less.The whole street outside was lighted up. Ryujin walked out from the counter, stretched her body and turned most of the light off, only left one for Yeji and Lia. She brought three beer from the refrigerator and they drank.