PART 17

Riddhima felt a wave of calm wash over her as she heard his apology. For a fleeting moment, she believed that he was genuinely sorry. However, she hesitated to reconcile with him. It couldn't be that simple for him. She knew that men often exploited women's forgiving nature. His actions had been unjust, and she was still reeling from the trauma of Sunny's incident.

"You know, sweetheart, when I believe in something, I don't back down easily," he said, his voice steady and calm.

"In a battle of egos, the one who lets go is the true winner. Let go of your ego, and you'll find your humanity," Riddhima retorted, looking him straight in the eye. Vansh seemed taken aback by her sharp response.

"A dangerous combination indeed, beauty with brains," he remarked.

Vansh's composed demeanor was unnerving. His firm stance could make anyone second-guess themselves. To avoid him, she sat down on a cushion.

"Sweetheart, a man's heart is like the sea. It has its storms and tides, but it also has pearls hidden in its depths," he said.

"I can't swim. If I dive too deep to find the pearls, I might drown," she shot back.

Vansh Raisinghania could see that he had managed to impress Riddhima, at least to some extent. Their intense exchange was interrupted when his phone rang.

"Excuse me," Vansh said as he answered the call.

A few minutes later, Riddhima saw Vansh chuckling.

"I feel sorry for anyone who tries to take what's mine. I won't let that happen," he said, ending the call and turning back to her.

"So, are you ready to leave?" he asked.

"Never," she replied, rubbing her nose defiantly and picking up her bags to leave the hotel room.

_______________________________________

"Riddhima, wait!" Vansh called out, trailing behind her. He couldn't help but admire the scenic beauty of the roads in Mussoorie. He was usually surrounded by at least five bodyguards, but not this time. As dusk fell, the streetlights began to glow, casting a warm light on the tree-lined streets.

Meanwhile, Angre was surprised to find that both his boss and his wife were missing. He had been so engrossed in his meal that he hadn't noticed their absence. Realizing he had eaten more than he intended, he hastily left the hotel, forgetting to pay the bill.

"Hey, you!" A waitress shouted, prompting the hotel staff to chase after him.

"What's the problem?" Angre asked, his eyes scanning the area for Vansh and Riddhima.

"Who's going to pay the bill, your father?" The waitress retorted.

"How much do I owe?" Angre asked, taken aback when he saw the total on the bill.

"Did I really eat all this?"

"Obviously..."

"It's hard to believe I ate so much," Angre said, pulling out his wallet. He handed over some money to the manager and made a quick exit.

"Sir, the rest!" The manager called out.

"Consider the rest a tip!" Angre shouted back.

"You have to pay the rest, you fool!" The manager yelled, but Angre was already gone.

"Someone catch that man!" The manager huffed in frustration.

__________________________________

"She's here...." A woman cried as she was preparing to fire her rifle, her target unaware of the danger unknowing that a pair of eyes caught her.
She triggered the bullet, when"Riddhimaaaa!" Vansh stepped in between, shielding her from the two bullets that pierced his back. 

Riddhima was momentarily stunned, her hands covered in Vansh's blood. The woman, frustrated by her missed shot, quickly left the scene.

"Vansh!" Riddhima cried out, desperately looking around for help. She spotted Angre approaching and waved him over.

"What happened?" Angre asked, alarmed.

"Vansh is hurt. He's losing consciousness. We need to get him to a hospital," Riddhima said, shaking Vansh in an attempt to keep him awake.

With Angre's help, Riddhima managed to get Vansh into an ambulance. Angre was shocked by the sudden turn of events. One moment, Vansh was happy, and the next, he was fighting for his life.

"Why can't you leave your dangerous business and live a simple life?" Riddhima sobbed, touching Vansh's back gently.

"You have enemies everywhere. How can you be so reckless?" she said, wiping away her tears.

Angre tried to console her, "It's part of our life, Riddhima bhabhi. These kinds of fights happen often."

Riddhima's life had changed drastically in just a few days. She had never seen a real gun before her wedding, but now she was witnessing violence and pain firsthand.

Even in his unconscious state, Vansh managed to smirk, while being rushed into the ICU.

"He never stops smirking at me," Riddhima said, wiping away her tears.

"I should have been there for him...it's all my fault," Angre said, guilt-ridden as the operation went on.

Riddhima prayed fervently to Bappa, begging him not to take Vansh away from her. For the first time she had someone to call her own. Shedid not want to lose him too.