PART 26

Riddhima savored the last bit of her ice-cream, her gaze meeting his. A fleeting smile graced her lips, only to disappear as she remembered his brush with bullets. Those who were close to her always seemed to drift away, and no one seemed to stick around for her. She harbored a mix of timid and conflicting emotions for him, and the fear of falling in love loomed over her.

She settled into the car, waiting for him to join her. He leaned down to close the door, his eyes glued to his phone.

"I have an important meeting to attend. You head home. Angre and I will join you in two weeks," Vansh informed her.

Riddhima's hand shot out to grip his, her expression pleading him to stay. He frowned, turning to address Angre.

"Angre, ensure she gets home safely. Once you've dropped her off, head straight to the police station," Vansh instructed.

"Why the police station? What happened?" Riddhima asked, her voice laced with worry. Her question was met with silence.

"I need to leave now," he announced, urging the driver to take her home..

_________________________

Vansh's POV

I had noticed an unfamiliar figure lurking in the shadows, their gaze fixed on us. An unsettling feeling of being watched had crept over me, and I knew I had to ensure Riddhima's safety. With a sense of urgency, I arranged for her to be taken home as swiftly as possible.

In the midst of this, a message from Kabir popped up on my phone. The assassin we had been hunting had been located. The news propelled me into action, and I knew I had to dive headfirst into the investigation.

Amidst the chaos, I found myself unable to meet Riddhima's gaze. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, and all I could focus on was the need to resolve everything quickly. I was determined to transfer the property to Riddhima, regardless of the cost. I was aware of the potential danger this could put her in, but I was resolute in my decision. I would stand by her side, ready to shield her from any harm that might come her way.

_______________________

Angre could sense a wave of melancholy washing over Riddhima. It was as if she was already missing Vansh, though she would never admit it. Her expression was akin to that of a disappointed child, her eyes filled with longing the moment the car pulled away. Her feelings towards Vansh were a complex mix of emotions, but to Angre, it seemed like a blend of care, respect, and perhaps something deeper. The moment Vansh mentioned his return would be delayed by two weeks, Riddhima seemed on the verge of tears.

"When will you both be returning?" Riddhima asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Angre found himself at a loss for words. The situation was escalating, and he was uncertain about the timeline. He knew that the VR mansion would be the safest place for Riddhima. As they approached the mansion, the security guard swung the gates open. Angre ensured Riddhima safely entered the mansion, his mind preoccupied with the unfolding events.

______________________

"Her name is Sarah," Kabir revealed, presenting a picture of the woman in question.

"Her case was dismissed a year ago, and she was subsequently released," he added.

"Do you think she's working for someone?" Vansh inquired, his brow furrowed in concern.

"No, Bhai. She operates on a contractual basis. Someone has hired her with the intent of assassinating bhabhi," Kabir explained.

Vansh recoiled at the revelation, his voice barely a whisper, "No, Riddhima is in danger."

"But there's a point of confusion, Bhai. The person who shot you isn't the same one who killed Mukund," Kabir clarified, showing Vansh the bullets as evidence.

"Mukund was murdered by a different individual," he continued.

"But how can we track down Sarah?" Vansh asked, wiping the beads of sweat forming on his forehead. Kabir noticed the worry etched on his brother's face for his wife.

"Bhabhi will be safe, Bhai," he reassured him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"She's a professional assassin who shot you in such a manner that it wouldn't be fatal," Kabir elaborated.

"What do you mean?" Vansh asked, taking a seat at the desk.

"It means she intended to intimidate you. She had no intention of killing anyone," Kabir clarified.

"Interesting, very interesting indeed," Vansh mused, his mind racing with the new information.

_______________________________

"Your target was Mrs. Raisinghania, but I had no idea it was Riddhima, the woman who once saved my life," Sarah declared, her arms folded defiantly. She was addressing a masked individual who had contracted her to assassinate Mrs. Raisinghania.

"I'm terminating this contract, Vyom," she announced, her voice echoing with resolve.

"Do you even realize who you're speaking to?" Vyom retorted, his tone seething with anger.

"Your identity is of no consequence to me. I'll return your money, even double it if necessary, but I refuse to harm Riddhima or any member of her family. The choice is yours," she countered.

"How dare you speak to me in such a manner? Have you forgotten your failed attempt?" Vyom spat out, his words laced with venom.

"I've never missed a target in my life. This time was an exception because I was unaware that Riddhima was Mrs. Raisinghania. I only discovered this at the scene of the shooting. I chose to wound her husband instead, ensuring it wasn't fatal. If I wanted to, I could take your life. So, think carefully before you speak. Regardless of your decision, I'm ending this contract," Sarah retorted, flinging a bag of money at Vyom's face.

"I eliminate those who break the rules. I don't harm innocents kids," Sarah stated firmly, brushing her hair back as she exited the hall.

"Vansh Raisinghania, you haven't seen the last of me!" Vyom roared, picking up the scattered money from the floor.