PART 23

The incredulously small creature, much to Vansh's merriment, seemed angry for no reason. For an instant he felt he had married an underage kid. He intently looked at her sipping the tea cup and she knitted her brows communicating with her eyes asking him not to look at her that way. She seemed clearly confused and nervous as his scanner eyes glanced at her. It was hunger that led to her resentment, which was obviously discerned by her husband. She turned away looking at the window to avoid his gaze. She twitched her lips rubbing her hands avoiding him as much as she could, trying hard to control the rumbling sounds of her tummy. 

"I'm ordering something for both of us to eat..." he announced picking up his phone, letting the peaceful silence engulf both of them. The couple exchanged secret glances at each other, without uttering a word. Riddhima sprung up the sofa when she heard the doorbell, Her empty stomach had been making her anxious for about an hour. She hurtled towards the entrance and greedily collected the parcel and sprinted back into the house, cordially thanking her partner with all her heart. She gulped the food like a glutton, when she heard him ask,

"Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?" 

The young girl stopped in the middle of her eating session and looked up at him with her pure, innocent, guiltless eyes, gulping down the last morsel of food from her packet. Vansh stilled for a moment looking into her light-brown alluring eyes, got lost in his own thoughts and immediately pulled himself together, awaiting an answer from her.

"I...I didn't know..." she said looking down at the ground, playing with the 'VR' ring he had given her. Her silky tresses swayed in the gentle breeze making her soft lips quiver and her smooth skin gleamed like silver under the dim moonlight, making her husband stand breathlessly, trying hard to concentrate on what she was trying to convey. 

__________________________________

Kabir began regretting his actions, for deeply hurting his brother and his family.  He desperately wished to talk to his younger sister, Sia and apologize for all the trouble he had caused her, not that he did not regret earlier but the intensity had increased after Ragini's real face came out in front of him. He had been blind in her love and went against Vansh, the brother who stood by him all his life. Aryan too hated Vansh for snatching Ragini from Kabir but little did he know Vansh was just trying to bring her real face in front of the family.

Kabir wondered who murdered his step-mother and Ragini. Being the ACP, he had to investigate on the murder cases, though his heart did not want to. Vansh had asked for his help in searching for the person who had murdered the old man, Mukund and the one who was trying to murder Riddhima bhabhi

_____________________________________

Angre found it difficult to track the phone calls that had been connected with satellite. He was sure someone knew that Riddhima bhabhi had gone to Mussoorie and came from Mumbai to Mussoorie to murder her. Or,there could have been two contract killers involved in this process. His first doubt was on the family members. As he checked all their phone call history,  to his relief,there was no outgoing call from VR mansion, on that specified date. 

Riddhima bhabhi was safe at the small house, but only for a short-term. He had to quickly arrange for the bodyguards and proliferate the security in VR mansion as fast as he could. Meanwhile, he had to talk to Mr.Akash Rajvansh regarding the haveli, which had been liked by Vansh. 

_____________________________________

"I don't want to be watched and monitored all the time by CCTV camras..." Riddhima said with a pout tossing a pillow on the bed. She pulled down all the curtains and turned to her husband

"You sleep on the bed...I'll sleep on the couch..." she said and before Vansh could interfere,

"You're too tall...and the couch would fit me...that's why...had the couch been a little longer, I wouldn't have asked you to sleep on the bed..." 

She lied on the couch and shut her eyes, and her husband chuckled at her actions which he found cute. He closed his eyes thinking about all the assassins he had come across in his life, and maybe one of them could help him in finding the one behind Riddhima. 

Their network was strong. Local contract killers would never dare to touch Vansh Raisinghania's wife. He had everyone under his control in Mumbai. The assassin must have been from outside of Mumbai. He had checked the list of contract killers and was sure that the person was a woman. He had also examined the bullets that had injured him, confirming that no one from his side had such a model. It was indeed an outsider, not the ones in his enemy circle, it was beyond that. It was Riddhima's enemy. 

Vansh was aware that Riddhima had enemies since her birth, and she was lucky enough to survive and live a peaceful life till she grew up. Though it was not very peaceful, she had lived in a non-violent society, and now had been trapped in the dark jaws of threats. Despite being a white-collared criminal, Vansh had to indulge in violence to a certain extent to protect his family. Now that someone dared to enter the VR mansion and murder his guest, he was sure it was a very smart plan executed by outsiders.

Hoping for the next day to be fine, Vansh drifted off to sleep.