PART 28

Vansh's nerves finally found solace as he stepped into the familiar confines of the VR mansion. As the clock struck midnight, he quietly made his way to his room.

Suddenly, a frightened voice pierced the silence, "Who's there?" It was a soft mutter, "Siya...Siya..."

With a swift motion, Vansh switched on the lights. "Ahhh! Go away! Go away!" Riddhima's terrified shout echoed in the room, her eyes tightly shut. Startled by the commotion, Siya woke up and turned around.

"Brother?" Siya questioned, rising to her feet.

Vansh's gaze fell on the bandage wrapped around his wife's hands. With a gentle touch, he placed his hand on her head, "Riddhima, it's me," he reassured her.

The young girl, vulnerable and scared, slowly lifted her chin. Her beautiful eyes, round and full of fear, were pleading for help. Unable to hold back any longer, she let her tears flow freely. The little life that had endured so much was finally breaking down. Fortunately, Vansh's intuition had sensed that something was amiss. He could feel her shivering as he pulled her into a comforting embrace. She clutched his shirt tightly, her eyes still shut. With a nod from Vansh, Siya left the room, ensuring her sister-in-law was in safe hands. Vansh expressed his gratitude to his sister with a thankful look and signaled her to close the door.

"Sunny," she sobbed into his shirt.

Gently, Vansh extricated himself from her grip and slowly retreated. "Vansh?" she questioned, confused by his sudden withdrawal.

He turned to his left, picked up a jar of water, and handed it to her. She nodded in understanding and drained the jar in one gulp.

"Vansh, I..." she began, but a wave of dizziness washed over her as she attempted to reach her husband. Overcome by a sudden bout of giddiness, she collapsed onto the bed.

"Sleep well, sweetheart," Vansh whispered, patting her head and tucking her in with a bedsheet. He had mixed a sleeping powder in the water, ensuring she would fall asleep immediately after consumption.

_______________________________

"I did not wish to murder Riddhima because she saved my life," Sarah declared boldly, revealing the truth to Kabir.

"And?" Angre probed, his tone laced with suspicion.

"Riddhima might not recognize me as we had a very small encounter. I know her because she once helped me. I came here merely to return the favor, and that's all there is to it," she explained, shrugging nonchalantly as she took an apple from Kabir's hand and began to eat it.

"Why are you confessing all of a sudden?" Kabir asked, his brow furrowed in confusion.

"I never thought I'd see the day when I'd meet such a clueless cop. You're the most foolish one I've ever encountered," she retorted, turning to Angre with a smirk.

"I'm astute enough to recognize that you're Vansh Raisinghania's bodyguard. But aren't you both curious about who wanted to murder Riddhima, or are you too stunned by my beauty?" she taunted, placing her feet on Kabir's table.

"How can we trust you?" Angre questioned, his gaze steady.

"Do you have another choice?" Sarah countered, turning to face Kabir.

 "Vyom, he is Vyom, Ragini's husband," she revealed, crossing her arms in a stylish manner.

"I confess, I murdered Ragini because Vyom contracted me to do so," Sarah admitted, tossing the apple seed into the dustbin.

Kabir, enraged, was about to strike Sarah when Angre held him back. "ACP, you cannot harm a woman. It's against the law," he reminded sternly.

"She killed my..." Kabir began, but Sarah cut him off.

"Hold on, Romeo! But she was never your Juliet. She was in love with Lord Kubera," she said, taking a seat on Kabir's chair.

Angre and Kabir exchanged confused glances. "Oh, my bad! I'll explain. He's the Lord of Money. So, I decided to send her to him, her eternal love, you know," Sarah shrugged, examining Kabir.

"Feeling bad for you, lover boy. I'm sure you'll find someone better," she winked, picking up her jacket. "Here's my number. I'll definitely answer if any of you call me. I detest lying, you know."

"But how can we trust you?" Kabir questioned suspiciously.

"You don't have a choice. Goodbye, boys!" she said, and before Kabir could arrest her, she slung her jacket over her shoulder and turned around. "I'm a woman, and according to the law, you can't put me behind bars right now. See you!" she said, smirking as she strode out of the room.

 _______________________________

"I would rather reign as the King of Hell than serve as a Slave of Heaven," the young man declared, his voice echoing in the room where he sat across from Vyom.

"You must realize that you cannot win this battle alone," Vyom responded, a knowing smile playing on his lips as he crossed his legs leisurely.

"Keep your distance," the young man retorted, his voice barely above a whisper, his fists clenched tightly in defiance.

"Come now, Mr. Vyom. I am well aware of your theories about circles. But even a circle loses its value if there is no one beside it, or should I say, no one beside you," he countered, a smirk on his face as he advanced towards Vyom.

"I am someone you could not even dream of becoming," he stated, his tone intimidating, his gaze unwavering.

"I too stand against Vansh Raisinghania," he added, his voice steady.

"And who might you be?" Vyom asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Sunny," he responded, a slight twitch of his lips the only indication of his amusement.

___________________________________

"It is indeed a stroke of ill fortune that the girl remains alive," an elderly woman lamented, her frail body limping across the room before she settled into her chair.

"I find it hard to believe that Riddhima Rajvansh is still among the living," she mused, her gaze falling on her hands stained with blood. The sight served as a grim reminder of the heinous crimes she had committed over two and a half decades ago.

"She must meet her end. She deserves nothing less," she declared with a chilling resolve. Picking up a mortar and pestle, she began to grind poisonous herbs into a fine paste, intended for the unsuspecting customer waiting to make the purchase.

"Here you go. Five hundred for the poison. Remember, mix three ounces of it into his food. The man you are targeting will draw his last breath on the fourth day. I wish you a successful execution," she said, her voice laced with a sinister delight. She then proceeded to chew on betel leaves, her wise face hiding her dark heart.