Chapter 4

Tommy sighs, sitting on the edge of the open window, waiting for his brother to return. He looked down and shivers at the sight. He may be bad at physics or..whatever, but if he jumps from here he'll definitely die. 'Dreaamm, where are you...' Tommy groaned. He's been waiting for 3 hours now. But the green blob's sight is nowhere to be seen.

Then he heard a bird chirping a tune, He looked up eyeing a bluebird he had never seen before. He raised his hand and waited. He didn't have any high hopes that the bird would come to him, but surprisingly it did.

Tommy chuckles and brought the bird closer to himself.

"You're cute..." Tommy says brushing his finger on the bird's fur. This is honestly shocking to Tommy, he thought the bird would just fly away by now but it didn't.

Tommy once read a book saying that animals wouldn't be afraid of royals and only royals. Tommy had a thought but he brushed it off and continued playing with the bird.

He got startled when he heard a rustle from the bushes. He quickly flopped on the floor and hid under the window. He heard a voice, but it's not his brother's.

"Sheesh, and I thought we had a connection- the fuck is this shit..." Tommy kept quiet.

"This shit is tall as fuck!" Tommy decided to take a peek. He peeked between the plants that were on the window.

"Hello! is anyone there?" The man shouted. He was wearing an orange outfit -Kinda ragged- and sunglasses? Tommy has never seen one of them before, but he most definitely has seen one of them in the book Dream brought.

He had a few scars here and there and he was pretty tall. He was carrying a bag of some sort, hanging on his shoulder.

The man looked up and Tommy immediately ducked. 'Did he see me?' Tommy thought to himself. The blonde then heard a few shuffles here and there. He could tell that the man was trying to climb the tower.

///////////////////////////////

'There's not even one door..." Deo looked up "the only way in is that window..." He said. Deo then remembered the hook he had when he was stealing the missing prince's crown. He quickly dumped all his belongings from his bag and when he saw the rope/hook he placed them all back. He made sure the crown was still there first.

He carried the rope/hook further from the tower. He made sure the wind was alright before swinging the rope and throwing it in the air, aiming for the edge of the window.

"Alright! First try bitch!" Deo smiles. He made sure the rope was steady enough for him to climb it. He took a deep breath before he starts to climb the tower.

.......................................

"Fuck, I'm exhausted-" Deo didn't continue when he saw the inside. It was fricking obvious that someone is definitely living here. He saw a cup on what looks like a table for two? he crept up to the cup and took a sip. It was still warm, which proves his theory.

He looked around, there was even an underground training centre- the fuck is this place... Deo was stunned. He never knew anyone who would be brave enough to live here. It's the Cursed Forest for christ's sake!

Deo flinched when he heard something break. He turned around and he met with beautiful diamond blue eyes before darkness started to hover over him.

////////////////////////////

"Tommy! I'm back!" Dream yelled from the bottom of the tower. Tommy stood up in a panic. He quickly hid the body in a nearby cupboard and ran towards the window. The blonde looked down and realized it's his brother.

"W-wait a sec!" Tommy replied. He then took a knife and slowly but swiftly made a small scar on his forearm. He then dripped the blood on the window and a rope made by vines started appearing on the edge of the tower. Dream climbed the rope, Tommy then went towards the cupboard where the body is hidden.

'Should I show him to Dream..?' Tommy thought to himself while taking a peek at the cupboard.

"Yo!" Tommy got startled. He turned around realizing that Dream has already reached the top. Dream then sat in a nearby chair while slowly smiling to himself. The blonde was weirded out. "How's today?" Dream asks Tommy while taking off his mask. The blonde sat beside his brother.

"I should ask you that. You seem to be in a good mood" Tommy said. Dream casually hums -still smiling- and walked to the kitchen. He took out two apples, walked back towards me and sat on the chair.

"I guess you could say that." Dream says chuckling while looking up to the ceiling, daydreaming. Tommy smiled. He has never seen his brother so happy. Is it a girl? or has he made a new acquaintance? Ooh! maybe he found a new crush! Dream once said if the person is acting melty like or different from what they would usually act, that person is either in love or just weird.

The blonde remembered about the unconscious man. He then smiled excitedly and ran towards the cupboard. 'Maybe he'll let me go outside once he knows that I caught this... stranger?' Tommy thought and held the knob.

"So, Dream. I know you always say that I'm not strong enough to go outside, but-"

"Tommy"

"Wait, wait, wait. Before you say anything I want you to see-" he twisted the doorknob. "thi-"

"TOMMY!" Dream yelled. Which startled the blonde. "I already told you that you CANNOT go outside." Dream said. Tommy stopped his actions and bit his lip. "What? You think I would let you go outside just because next week is your birthday? Hell no!" Dream started to get harsh which scared Tommy.

Dream stopped yelling when he realized that Tommy is crying. 'He's too fragile' Dream sighs and stood up. He walked towards the blonde and hugged him.

"I'm sorry... But you're not ready..." Dream says and rubbed the blonde's back. Tommy sniffled and hid his face in Dream's hoodie. "..." Dream stayed silent. Only sniffles could be heard.

After a while, Tommy let go of the hug and wiped his tears. He turned his head and stared at the cupboard with determined eyes. The blonde smiles and looked at his brother.

"I just wanna say, that I know what I want for my birthday..." Tommy said. Dream perked up. He looked at the blonde who was smiling sheepishly. Dream then remembered the bow he had bought from the enderman hybrid. Dream reached for his bag, searching for the bow and realizing he forgot it in the forest. He face-palmed himself.

Tommy looked at his brother weirdly before shrugging it off. "I was thinking of the same sword as yours! it looks cool!" Tommy grinned. Dream looked at Tommy.

"You mean this?" Dream took out his netherite sword and pointed it at Tommy. Tommy moved back. "Careful with that! I might die!" Tommy whined and ran behind the dining table. Dream chuckled. He thought about it for a while.

"If you want the same sword as mine, I have to go away for three days... you sure bud? It's a long trip. You gonna be okay here?" Dream asked and placed the sword back. Tommy nods. Dream sighs and smiled. "Alright... promise me you WON'T go outside. It's too dangerous." Dream stated. Tommy was silent for a while before mentally smirking.

"Don't worry, I won't go"

////////////////////////////////////////

A/N

1247 words.

Hope you enjoyed it! I wonder who's this so-called 'girl' Tommy's talking about ;)