Chapter 9

The Karasuno team were warming up in the gym waiting for their opponents for the morning, Hinata was really excited, Kageyama was not. He felt nervous, awkward and maybe a little sad. You see their opponents were none other than Aoba Johsai and four of his former team mates from Middle school were on the team. In fact two of them had nearly shattered his resolve and his spirit by turning their back on him during a match. His Karasuno team mates had noticed what looked like a gloomy cloud which settled around him.

Everyone was worried about the effect that this practice match would have on him but two of them decided to try and bring him out of his mood. Kageyama felt an hand on his shoulder and turned around quickly, his gaze landed on his smiling grey haired senior, "you've got this Kageyama, we've got your back, don't ever forget that. Just try and have fun and continue to perfect your sets. We all know that you are really talented and that we are extremely lucky to have you on our team."

The dark haired boy was extremely thankful for all of his team mates, well most of them. Tsukishima pissed him off but he knew that they all brought their own unique talents to the team.

Just then the gym doors opened and the Aoba Johsai boys walked in. The first thing that they noticed was that their Captain and Ace were smiling brightly and holding hands. Suga shouted, "Kawa, is this what I think it is?" The brown haired boy smiled and gave him the thumbs up. "Yes", Suga shouted. Iwaizumi looked over at Kiyoko and mouthed "thank you", she smiled and replied "your welcome."

Hinata noticed that the two first years from the other team were whispering and giving sly glances to Kageyama and he didn't like it. He had heard the stories and felt really bad for his team mate but decided that he was going to do everything in his power to help Kageyama get through this match and win.

They all lined up and bowed to the opposing team and then the match began. Kageyama seemed to be struggling with his concentration and his first few serves went straight out leading him to become irritable with himself and everyone around him. He began to shout and bark commands at his team mates and he heard Kunimi and Kindaichi say "he's not changed he's still the tyrannical king, they're going to leave him alone just like we did."

Kageyama seemed to be losing it and when the ball came towards him he froze. However just at that moment he saw a flash of orange run behind him and as he looked behind him he heard "KAGEYAMAAA I'M HERE, TOSS IT" and with that he set the ball to the small tangerine perfectly and the small boy spiked the ball into the ground smiling. The dark haired boy looked at the small middle blocker and he felt like a shock had gone completely through him. What was this feeling? Hinata lifted his arms in the air and shouted "Kageyama, high five"

The Aoba Johsai first years stood with their mouths agape whilst Iwa said under his breath "Well done Tobio, you did good"

The Aoba Johsai first years stood with their mouths agape whilst Iwa said under his breath "Well done Tobio, you did good". Karasuno ended up winning the match but it hadn't been easy, however Kageyama was left with a weird feeling that he didn't understand, however Hinata did as he had been feeling the same thing for the last few months. Kiyoko also noticed, so as she handed out the drinks to the boys she lightly grazed Kageyamas hand and saw this ....

"Ok granny, she thought, it looks like we have our next couple" Just then she began to hear the boys thoughts as clearly as if they were speaking to her

"Ok granny, she thought, it looks like we have our next couple" Just then she began to hear the boys thoughts as clearly as if they were speaking to her. (Oh my God, what is this? Why do I feel like this around Hinata? This is really weird) Hinata seemed to realise that Kageyama was acting strangely, "Kageyama, is everything ok"? The setter tried to make an annoyed expression but failed, " I'm fine boke, let's just go and get some barbeque before there's nothing left". "Kageyama I've asked you to stop calling me that", the small orange haired boy replied. "Get used to it boke because the name suits you" he laughed.

Hinata looked at him shocked (He's laughing. He's got a beautiful laugh, he should do it more often) he thought flushing bright red. Both boys walked outside together and Kiyoko thought, I would never have guessed that those 2 had feelings for each other. Let the games begin.