don't do anything stupid

*one month after grace's 16th*

Grace was stood in a bus lay-by with her class and her brothers, herself and her class were going on a 4 day camping trip and they were waiting for the bus to come pick them up. Jay smiled as she turned around, "don't do anything stupid" he raised his eyebrows. Grace gave him a disbelieving look, "do I look like I would do something stupid?" She smirked a little. Will laughed, "you might not like my answer to that" he nudged her arm as the bus pulled up. She turned around, "bye losers" she smiled and gave them both a quick hug. They smiled, "see you soon champ" jay waved her off as she was the last one to get onto the school bus. It's amazing how well she's settled into her new school in such a short period of time.

                      Jay sighed as the bus drove away, "we might actually get some peace and quiet now" he shook his head with a small chuckle as they walked back over to his truck.  Will smiled, "maybe" he shrugged.  They hopped into his truck so jay could drop Will off at med before driving to the station to begin his own shift.  Queue the 4 long days ahead without grace being noisy...

After about a two hour drive to the camping grounds, graces class arrived, but grace isn't really an outdoor kind of girl, she loves the swimming and the rock climbing etc but she hates sleeping outside, too many bugs around. The teacher sighed, "alright guys listen up! Girls on one side of the campus and boys on the other, if I find out anyone's been trespassing on either side there will be consequences! So girls off you go, set up your tents then meet us back at the camp fire!" He called out. The girls all nodded and ran off, they're all close with each other, everyone likes everyone so they were prepared to actually follow the rules instead of breaking them for boys.

The girls plonked their huge tent on the ground, "uhm, does anybody actually know how to put this thing up?" Lily looked around. They all snickered, "nope..." Tilly shook her head. Grace laughed, "so what now?" She smirked. Poppy shrugged, "anyone got signal?" She looked around. They all shook their heads apart from grace, "I've got two bars" she nodded, "wait, let me call jay I'm sure he'll know how to do it" she added, they all gasped in realisation and nodded. She pulled out her phone and dialled jays FaceTime in hopes he wasn't busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay looked down at his phone in confusion, "grace has only been gone for two hours and look at this" he shook his head and held his phone up. Hailey smiled, "maybe she's forgot something" she laughed. Jay sighed and answered the call.
Jay: "what now?"
Grace: "nice to see you too, are you busy?"
Jay: "not really, why?"
Grace: "we don't know how to put up a tent"
Jay: "really? That's why you're calling me?"
Grace: "yes, we're having a mid life crisis over here. Can you help us?"
Jay: "fine, where are you up to?"
Grace: "we don't even know where to start..."
Jay: "god... right okay, well you're gonna need to connect the support first"
Grace: "the what now?"
Jay: "the sticks grace, the sticks"
Grace: "ohhhh, yeah right, I knew that"

Hank walked up behind jay to see the FaceTime call with grace, "they're useless" jay laughed as he watched them all trying to join a bunch of sticks together, they were making it a lot harder than it was supposed to be. After about 10 minutes of simple instructions they finally managed.
Jay: "have you finished?"
Grace: "yeah, that was easy"
Jay: "is that what you call it?"
Grace: "mmhmm, well thank you very much. And tell everyone I said hi"
Jay: "I will, now go do something useful"
Grace: "bye! Love you"
Jay: "love you too"

He hung up the phone and shook his head, "that child has no common sense, and if she did she'd be dangerous" he laughed. The team smiled, "I wonder where she gets that from" Adam smirked. Jay scoffed, "definitely not me, I'm the brain box of the family" he shrugged jokingly. Hailey laughed, "yeah right" she threw a piece of scrap paper at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The girls ran back over to the camp fire to see that the boys had been done for a while even though they started later, "nice of you to join us" the teacher shook his head in amusement. They all laughed, "alright, first activity is diving so go change and meet us on the pier" he added. They all jumped up and ran off to their tents before changing into swimming costumes and running down to the pier to be the first in the line. This should be fun...