watch out...

*the end of the trip*

"You guys ready back there?" The teacher called out from the front of the bus. A murmur of confirmation sounded out before the bus began moving, home time at last... Grace put her phone away after letting her brothers know that she would be home in a few hours, she just wants her bed. 

                  After about half an hour of being on the road, the driver knew it was getting foggy, but he was used to it so he didn't mind.  The kids were either half asleep or overly tired and chatty, there was no in between with them, so the teacher decided to get up and check on everyone.  "You all good?" He wandered down the aisle.  They all nodded and gave a quiet reply apart from the tired ones who were put cold, sleeping isn't easy on a bus, so there weren't many passed out teenagers amongst them all. 

                "I thought your brother was a surgeon?" Dani furrowed her brows.  Grace smiled, "he used to be, but he used to do plastic surgery even before he was a heart surgeon. Now he's an emergency physician" she nodded.  Dani smiled, "sounds cool, I want a boob job" she laughed.  The boys shot her a weird glare, "I'm joking" she cleared the air.  They all laughed before turning around in their seats, here comes the long drive home...

                  The bus was driving along the dusty road in a run down town where hardly anyone lived, it seemed abandoned but it was the only route home... They had been on the roads for around an hour and a half, only another two hours to go... "Hey G, do you think it's too late for me to start girls on fire? I really wanna join but my mom said I left it too late to sign up" Lucy sighed and leant over the aisle to nudge graces leg.  Grace looked over at her, "of course not, Stella would love to have you, she's amazing" she shook her head.  Lucy nodded, "I might sign up" she smiled.  Grace smiled back, "you should" she nodded encouragingly.

"It's pretty foggy..." dean stared out of the window and huffed. Grace looked out of her window but she couldn't see anything but mist and fog, "isn't it just?" She smiled weakly. The teacher was sat holding the register on his lap when something caught his eye, "watch out..." he yelled. The driver made a harsh swerve to avoid whatever bright light was headed straight for them, and before they knew it, the bus was flipped over and the hazard lights were beeping like crazy...

The teacher sat got up and looked around before unbuckling his seatbelt, "is everyone okay?" He called out. A low groan sounded out, "my arm..." Lucas huffed. "Alright, listen up guys. I need everyone off this bus and on the grass outside, if you're injured stay seated u too I help you..." the teacher huffed. Everyone slowly and carefully unbuckled themselves before stumbling to their feet, "who's injured?" The teacher clambered his way over the broken seats and luggage, "me, Tyler and uh... Grace" his voice trailed off. The teacher looked over at Grace to see a metal pole sticking up from her thigh, "woah... Tilly, throw me the tourniquet" the older man held his hand in the air.

                   Grace slowly opened her eyes, "ahhh..." she groaned.  The teacher applied pressure to the surrounding area of her wound but secured the pole, "nice deep breathes kiddo. We're gonna get you all out of here..." he nodded.  She shot him and uncertain glare but the sight of blood was already making her feel queasy...

Jay was sat in the schools parking lot with the rest of the parents although they were all stood outside talking, he was too cold and tired to socialise right now. He looked down at the clock on his dashboard and sighed, the bus is half an hour late... "You're graces brother, right?" The neighbouring car rolled its window down, "yeah that's me" jay smiled weakly in return. "The bus has had an accident, there's a few injured but we don't know who or how many. They're on their way to med now" the unknown man nodded frantically. Jays heart stopped, oh no...

After calling Will about what was going on, jay called hailey and hank, he thought they'd be asleep by now give that it's nearly 2am, but they weren't and they're already nearly at med, they set off from their places right after hearing the news. Grace is accident prone, what if she's an injured kid...?