hop along

*one week later*

"C'mon then..." Will smiled in amusement and held the door open for Grace. She sighed and grabbed her crutches, since she refuses to be pushed around in a wheel chair for a month, and stood up before wobbling over to the door. "Hop along" jay smiled and let out a small chuckle before grabbing her bag, "shut up" she smiled weakly and lead the way, "I'm gonna turn this into a sport" she added, "slow your horses, Grace! Take is easy!" Will yelled after her, being the doctor he was, and shook his head and jay ran after her.

                 "Meds three times a day, bed rest for two days then light activity" Will sighed and leant in the kitchen door way as Grace flopped herself down onto the couch.  Jay nodded, "got it" he sighed and took the prescription.  "I get no school for two days!" She yelled out.  Will shook his head and laughed, "she's something else" he rubbed his neck.  Jay slowly nodded, "I hope this is the last hospital occurrence we have in a while" he huffed.  Will nodded, "you hear that, Grace? You have to let jay wrap you up in bubble wrap" he called out.  "Not. A. Chance" she snickered and turned the TV on.  Jay let out a small laughed before Will grabbed his keys to leave, "I'll check in later" he made a dash for the door. "Alright, see ya" jay waved his brother off.

"You need anything?" Jay leant in the door way as Grace watched TV out of boredom. "A new leg" she huffed. Jay shook his head, "well unfortunately, I can't give that to you" he smiled before wandered over to join her on the couch. She sighed and threw her head back, "what happened to all my stuff from the bus?" She raised her eyebrows. Jay nodded, "it's in the bottom of your closet" he took a sip of orange juice. She nodded and wiped the sleep away from her eyes, "it all happened so fast, I don't even remember how it happened" she laughed sadly. Jay frowned slightly, "try not to think about it" he wrapped an arm around her, "yeah, try" she muttered. He smiled weakly and rubbed her arm, "you're okay and that's all that matters" he sighed. She smiled and closed her eyes, oh to have lazy days every day...

Later that day, at around 9:35pm, Grace now had the impossible task of getting up the stairs with a very injured yet still intact leg, "how am I meant to do this?" She huffed, "go backwards" jay sighed. She shot him a funny glare, "what?" She shook her head. "Sarcasm Grace, sarcasm" he sighed. She laughed slightly before making him trail the crutches behind her, "slowly..." he placed a hand on her back to stop her from tippling backwards, that would be the last thing they all need right now, Grace falling down the stairs... She groaned tiredly as she reached the top step, "this is too hard" she rolled her eyes, "you'll get used to it, g" he handed her the crutches. She sighed, "yeah... but not soon enough" she shook her head.

As jay waited outside of graces room for her to change he could hear her frustration from the way she was talking, he knows how angry she is, not because of what happened, but because she has to move around with crutches which get in the way every few seconds, "oh my god...!" She practically screamed into her pillow. He frowned and knocked on the door, "you good?" He rested his forehead on the door. She sighed and rolled over, "it hurts to put my fluffy socks on!" She called out. "You decent?" He added. "Mmhmm" she muttered before he wandered into her room. She threw the socks over to him and sighed, "gently..." she sat up to rest on her elbows as jay put the socks on. "Owww..." she shook her head, "sorry" he winced for her.

"Someone's tired" jay sighed as Grace wiped the tears of anger away from her face, "I know" she sniffled. He smiled weakly and pulled the covers up, "c'mon, I'll stay with you until you're asleep" he sat down next to her pillow. She smiled weakly and yawned before relaxing into his side, "I think we should have pizza tomorrow" she mumbled tiredly. He let out a small chuckle, "I think so too, but I'll ask hailey as well if that's okay with you" he closed his eyes and ran his fingers through her hair. "Course it it" she yawned, "you love her anyways" she added. He sighed and shook his head, "be quiet and go to sleep" he smirked. "You're not denying it" she smiled. He sighed and shrugged, no he isn't, "exactly, that's what I thought" she chuckled at his silence. "Go. To. Sleep" he laughed too. No more peace and quiet...