E1 | Fight, Again

I

I.

"It's the sixth time this month, Jeongguk."

Jeongguk relaxed his fingers, sighing. He lend a quirky smile as he faced his brother-in-law. "Park Jinyoung-ssii, how many times have you crashed Namjoon hyung's after your silly arguments?" Jinyoung massaged his temples in annoyance, his mouth kept mum.

"Jeon Jeongguk, what did you both fight about, this time?" This time his half sister, Jisoo spoke. She had a stern expression plastered on. They had the same mother. He knew Kim Jisoo — now, known as Park Jisoo, was fuming. This Jisoo wasn't the one he could mess around with.

Kim Jisoo got married to Jinyoung Park, the only heir to JYP. Ent, one the best entertainment company established in Seoul. They met at a business trip in Dubai, things clicked and they were here with a successful marriage of 7 years and a four year old daughter.

[A/N: Just in case you're wondering, let me feed you brains, Jinyoung Park here is portrayed by JYP. Kidding! Unless you want to imagine that old truck. Jinyoung of Got7 is Jisoo's husband]

Accepting defeat, the younger buried his head in his palms. "Every time we argue, Tzuyu pulls her in. She's a closed chapter of my life, can't Tzuyu understand that? She is becoming so paranoid thinking of her."

Ignoring his words, Jisoo lazily grabbed the cup of tea and passed it to him. Then shot him a meaningful look.

Lecture in one, two, three.

Just as he had foretold, Jisoo's voice came in the picture, "Jeon, marriage is a game of Jenga. One wrong move, boom! The whole tower collapses in front of your eyes. You have to be very pensive while choosing the block. We had warned you. Now you deal with your case"

That was right. Not only Jisoo warned him but also his friends did. At first he thought his ex wife lured them into her stand but now that she had left, he truly understood what they had meant. However, Jeongguk, never for once regretted leaving her, not yet at least.

Jinyoung patted his back, comfortingly. A deafening silent followed. The silence was soon wrecked as Jeongguk's phone simultaneously rang. Jisoo's eyebrows knit together when she saw the caller id. Before he could even react, Jisoo snatched his phone and declined the call.

She let out an exasperated sigh, settling herself on the white couch, facing him. "Gguk, what else have you been hiding from me till now?" Jeongguk licked his dry lips, "Nothing" he nonchalantly answered.

Jisoo was not having any of it, he knew. Oh he very well knew this Jisoo, her co-workers often called her, 'The Infuriated Park Jisoo of JYP' Jeongguk stealthily lifted his gaze to see Jisoo shooting daggers with her eyes and his brother-in-law, forcing a smile.

She profusely blinked at Jeongguk, "Why is Park Jimin contacting you? I thought I asked you to severe ties with that roach!"

Huh?

He shot her a confused look. Park Jimin was contacting him? Park Jimin of the Park Industries and one of his business rival not to mention, his ex bestfriend called him out of the blue? Why?

Question marks were plastered all over Jeongguk's face, "Believe it when I say, this is the first time he called me, in years."

Jisoo frowned in return. "If that is the case, then why has he contacted?" her voice arose. Without letting her continue further, Jeongguk took the phone out of her grip and strode off to the balcony. She was about to follow him when her wrist was curtly held by her husband, motioning her not to trail behind.

Jeongguk lit a cigarette as he dialed Jimin's number. Even a few years ago, he loathed the smell of cigarettes due to having rhinitis. Now, he didn't even care. "Hello?" a familiar voice spoke from the end of the line.

Taking a deep breath, Jeongguk, "Jimin-ssii". Oh he missed that! He missed talking to his friends. The last time they talked. No scratch that, the last time they bickered was because of Tzuyu.  "Ah Jeon Jeongguk-ssii, it's great that you finally have time to speak to this faithful peasant of yours" Jimin's voice spoke, coated with sarcasm.

"Ah hyung!" Jeongguk whined, stomping his foot on the wooden floor, "How have you been? Are you still mad at me?" He whispered the last part. Jimin was rather ecstatic while speaking, "No Jeongguk-ssii, I wouldn't be mad at my client of course."

Client? What the hell was he talking about?

"Could you please elaborate, Park Jimin-ssii" Jeongguk frowned in sheer confusion. He could hear the latter sigh, "Jeon sajangnim, you have an impressive amount of billing at our club, Starlight, since the last month. When do you plan to pay?"

Jeongguk was more bewildered now. What club? What bill?

He again questioned, taking a drag of his cigarette, "Park Jimin-ssii, I don't remember going to that particular club anytime in the past. Are you sure you're talking to the right pay holder?" Jimin paused for a bit then soon continued, "Jeongguk-ssii, we don't assume and then call people, we have the billing right in front of us. A handsome sum is clearly registered under the name of Jeon Jeongguk. If you do not trust us, please come by and check it for yourself. The club opening time is 9.00 p.m. We'll be waiting for your arrival"

He sighed for the umpteenth time today, "Fine, I'll be there at 10.00, hyung." The line went dead after. He tossed his phone on the small tea table, ashing his cigarette. He went inside.

Jisoo had her arms crossed, with a dead silence. Jeongguk flashed a smile, before settling himself on the white couch, stretching his leg atop the tea table. "Get those filth legs off my table! I bought it from the Dior Show in Greece!" She yelled in displeasure "What did he say?" Jisoo asked. He retreated his legs and forced a smile, "H-He doesn't even care about the bond we had noona. Apparently, I have overdue bills at his club— I swear I haven't gone there, I don't know what bullshit he blabbered—"

"Language Gguk, I have a 4 year old here" She hissed in annoyance, "Whatever, just clear the bills and go back to your wife. I don't want to be burdened with your stupid fights." "I won't come next time" She slapped his back, warning, "There better not be next time!"

Word Count: 1094