E7 | A blackout

VII

VII.

Since Starlight was shut for the weekend, Lalisa really didn't have much errands to run. 

Being home for the day was lonesome since Chaeyoung was busy with her university friends. Seoul was a very foreign city to Lalisa. She stumbled upon this city in search of a love that could numb her pain, mend her heart, wishing to have someone to listen hymns at sunsets with her. Either, she never got to experience.

The bustling city of Seoul for which she held a lot of expectations. This city which left her to nothing but ruins.

Even after praying not to cross paths with her beloved. Her love for him was just cutting through the veins, like a lightening that struck bringing her a concatenation of illusions. Funny how she could interweave her life with a natural phenomenon.

Neatly folding her sets of clothes away, Lalisa clicked on her heels and walked towards the windowsill. The sky had turned into a darker shade, surrounded with clouds, perhaps it was to be raining later on.

Hated, she utterly hated the gloom that had been laid out in the sky. When she had stepped foot in Seoul—after her marriage with Jeongguk, of course, the sky was somewhat similar. Back in her homeland, Thailand, they often referred the rain as a boon of happiness from God.

Howbeit, the euphoria in Lalisa's life was short-lived. She believed her life was only bounded by cynical people, people like Jeongguk—hungry after her money, people like Tzuyu—after her possessions.

Lalisa met Tzuyu while studying back in England. Yes, she was born in Thailand, raised in England because of her father being a Thai language professor in Tzuyu's university. Back then, Tzuyu envied how Lalisa had a loving family, without restraints in going anywhere, buying anything. Lavishly spending her parents' earnings, whereas Tzuyu had it difficult to work and earn herself independently. 

Coming back to Korea, she saw Lalisa in a happily bonded marriage with none other than her ex-boyfriend. So, she schemed to extract the latter's money, making Lalisa's husband only hers.

Ding!

Rang the bell. The blonde was not expecting anyone. Cautiously she advanced with a vase in hand. Hanhwa, their housing society really had no lacking of drunkards lurking around. The apartment building always reeked of cigarettes, alcohol and God knows what else.

For their safety, they'd open the door with objects in case of rapid reaction required, Chaeyoung's infamous 3R method. Looking through the peephole, Lalisa immediately recognised the man standing there, garbed in a Prussian blue suit.

Jeon Jeongguk, this man never seemed to stop entailing her. Maybe she should have filed a lawsuit. She wasn't the once gullible Lalisa on whom anyone trampled on. Yet, somehow she couldn't bring herself to go against Jeongguk.

Maybe that is why they call love blind. It makes a person forget their purpose of existence and devote themselves to the one they love.

Upon opening the door, Lalisa grunted, "What do you want?" Flashing a bunny smile, he retorted with another question, "Didn't you say you'd help me?" Help him? Since when?

"Mr. Jeon, you have misapprehended, I have never once—Jeon Jeongguk open your shoes while you enter, do not mess up my apartment, you stupid muscle pig!" Muscle pig, two syllables holding such significance in both of their lives. "Seeing my Ted Baker loafers outside, your friend might suspect and jump into conclusions that I don't mind of course." the brunette man explained.

He did have a point but the audacity of this man to showcase his branded shoes that came from Lalisa's wealth really angered her. Lalisa had no interest in the inherited money, whatsoever. She just wanted the warmth and support from him, which he failed to provide. She was too credible to fall in love with a cynical man, wasn't she?

"Okay."

Her expression drastically fell as the lightening struck along with thunder. She was afraid, he knew very well.

In their third month of their marriage, the couple had left for Jeju Island, as a form of a romantic getaway. The trip was nowhere near romantic, it was just him meeting his fans and performing gigs. While staying at a villa, it was pouring heavily. Lalisa enjoyed rain but she was afraid of thunders. So when the precipitous thunder hit, she cried out loud, partly leaving Jeongguk concerned. The entire night, he spent cooing and consoling the timid girl.

"Afraid?" he asked, came out a little cocky. Sluggishly dragging her threadbare uggs, she sat on the couch, without feeling the need to answer the latter. Jeongguk took off his suit and hung it over the rack, then slowly stepping into the kitchenette right next to the entrance.

Lost in her thoughts, Lalisa did not realise that her ex husband prepared themselves a cup of hot cocoa, each. "Here you go." he placed the cup on the little, wooden teatable. A smile of gratitude slowly etched on Lalisa's face.

Though having a bullshit personality given, Jeongguk had a warm side to him which he never showcased. "Make sure to turn off all electrical appliances. There are chances of a blackout." Jeongguk warned, later on explained he had seen the weather forecast in the morning. She scrutinised, "So you knew? Seeking for opportunity, huh? You came here willingly with something in mind didn't you?"

Jeongguk did come with something in mind. Yesterday, he had overheard the drunk roommate of Lalisa, on phone talking about a reunion. This morning, after seeing the weather forecast, he realised Lalisa will be all alone at the apartment. Rushing, he went there in order to keep her accompanied.

Tzuyu? She had left for Taiwan last night—without informing Jeongguk.

As a thunder hit, Lalisa jolted and hugged the nearest thing, Jeongguk's waist. Not paying much heed, he encircled his slender hands around her shoulder, making her feel protected.

To switch her attention and reduce her fears, he started teasing, "Lalisa, you've grown older. The once meek Lili who couldn't even cook ramen, now makes delicious Samgyeopsal, damn." Playfully slapping his shoulder, she nagged, "C'mon other than eating what can you do?"

Continuing to bicker, Lalisa suddenly called out, "Gguk-ah, remember our honeymoon in Cancún?" He nodded his head in response, "What about it?"

"Remember when you were singing with at a restaurant shack and the owner asked where you were from and told you to marry one of his daughters." She laughed, heartily. "Yeah and I told him I was there with my wife, pointing at you." The smile painted on Lalisa's face slowly vanished as she excused herself, breaking off their long cuddle.

This wasn't fair. She mentally chastised herself. None of it was.

Fortunately enough, the power came back and the rain had halted. Although she didn't want him to leave, she had to put a stop to this happiness. "You can leave now." She crossed her arms, her brown orbs facing the ground. Daring not to meet him in the eye.

"What? Why?" he whined in frustration. "We were having a good time"

Sighing she said, "Yes, now the power is back on, leave." Huffed, sensing something had triggered her, he prepared to leave before reminding her, once again, "Do not forget my request"

"Yes, I'll evaluate it." She lied as she closed the door. 

What was there to think, she would reject it, easy. No time to help the one who never even cared for her in the first place, discarded her like some worn out doll. Even a worn out doll was loved at a point, but her.

Shaking off the calamities that went on, she went ahead to the kitchen to make herself dinner only to hear her phone ring. As she engaged herself with the call, the other end hysterically laughed while mocking, "Damn, Lalisa Manoban, you went from being a billionaire's princess to a body seller."

A/N
A long update, after a long hiatus, been three months. Hope to continue this, also writing a new book so hold your horses, will publish soon (after finishing this book).

Word Count: 1333