E3 | It all comes back with scars

III

III.

Jeongguk rashly pushed past the crowd, receiving a few confound and curse words. That didn't seem to bother him, his thinking wasn't rational. His eyes were stuck on the stage, to tell the truth, he was bemused seeing his ex wife, Lalisa sway her petite body accurately every rhythm, she had changed her hair colour. Blonde suited her well but her raven hair gave her a different definition of innocence.

The dancer was now joined with another blonde female. Starlight definitely had an all blonde code for their dancers. The song changed into a more sensual one. The dancers on the pole were getting money thrown on them. Now, all he wanted was to make her get down from that metal pole. Howbeit, he had no right to do so, she wasn't his wife now. He momentarily stopped in tracks, she wasn't his wife anymore. Why ought he to care?

When Lalisa and him were married, Jeongguk's care for her were out of humanity — humanly concerns. From the start, he had his eyes for someone else and that someone happened to be his current wife Tzuyu. JKing Entertainment were at the verge of bankruptcy when he got married to Lalisa Manoban, the sole heir of Noba Enterprises. She was the perfect princess living in a perfect pink life, perhaps too perfect. Lalisa was nowhere near interested in their business and so her mother, wed her off.

Jeongguk was the one to seize the perfect opportunity to save his career and his music empire. Their marriage was without love but of course, they pleasured themselves. To him, she was just a stepping stone. Her mother died a few days later their wedding, transferring all her wealth to charity and to Lalisa, which Jeongguk graciously spent in lavish. After using her wealth, he'd dump her and so he did when his first love, Tzuyu came back from England after completing her degree. He ruthlessly divorced her without thinking she had no one supporting her.

A sudden feeling of guilt gushed down his bone. She was a mere stepping stone. He was a nobody to associate himself with what she did, how she lived off. He was the reason she ended up in this despicable situation. He had absolutely no rights over her, but hearing those malicious dirty comments from the men goggling at her soared up his anger. A brief glance at the time and then, Jeongguk clicked on his heels to turn away.

"How much is that blonde for tonight?" His ears suddenly perk up after hearing the men standing near him. The music was blaring, it was natural for people to shout. Cold blood ran through his veins. He clenched his fists, ready to punch anytime. "Which one? Lalipop?"

Lalipop, that's how cheap she is?

"No, I think they call her Rosé." Jeongguk heaved a sigh of relief then heard the other man talk, "Those two are Starlight's golden dancers, Jimin lets no one lay a finger on them. I even heard they were virgin goddesses. Even Jimin himself is interested in one of those blonde girls. I reckon he fancies Lalipop — More like worships her body, she's the hottest out there." Jeongguk's heartbeat dropped upon overhearing their conversation. His anger dropped to trepidation in just a millisecond. With that the performance came to an end, without him taking it in account.

It was impossible..! Jimin couldn't possibly like Lalisa.

Along with the lights, the music  in the bar also went off. The crowd buzzed in a loud furore of disappointment since that was the last act of the night. A disco would commence later on. Suddenly, a spotlight highlighted Jimin who was fixing his white coat and beamed at his companions. Jeongguk's gaze landed on where he and his companions were seated.

Jimin stood up and chuckled a little before ushering his company out of the bar. Jeongguk's eyes followed every single movement Jimin made. He even identified one of Jimin's clients were Jackson Wang, a Chinese rapper with the highest grossing rap album. Jackson also tried luring Lalisa's mother into giving Lalisa's hand for wedding. That time Jackson was also having crisis in handling Team Wang. Lalisa Manoban was a mystery to the world, no one really saw her face or knew her and her mother assured that. There was no chance Jackson would recognise Lalisa.

All these years, Lisa had vanished into thin air. Apart from Tzuyu, no one mentioned a word about her. She was slowly becoming nonexistent. The events tonight wouldn't just let her disappear from his life, as if it were tattooed in his heart. His best friend liked his God-damned ex wife. This bullshit was too much for him to handle.

The night was crisp and covered with thick, jet black clouds with no moonlight shone. Jeongguk leaned his back on his black Bentley, parked opposite of the bar and puffed his cigarette. A train of thoughts ran around his head. His emotions were undecipherable. He felt somewhat distressed more or less, betrayed albeit he shouldn't. He must not meddle himself with his past because it all came back with nothing but ugly scars.

Jeongguk's eyes narrowed when he saw a familiar Cadillac pull up in front of Starlight. His ashed his cigarette instantly and wrapped his arms around his chest. The car resembled his — Actually, scratch that, that Cadillac was his. A foreign male got out of his Cadillac helping a brunette woman  with golden streak beautifully dressed in a black, velvety, sleeveless gown that covered her feet. Jeongguk recognised her as soon as his orbs landed on her. How could he possibly not know her? She was his motherfucking wife!

Chou-Jeon Tzuyu!

He even noticed Jimin ushering the couple inside Starlight, in a beaming manner to be more precise. The rims of Jeongguk's eyes turned red as if his entire world had collapsed right in front of his own eyes.

What he witnessed ultimately lead to the interpretation of Jimin's obscure words earlier; Jeongguk's wife was cheating on him. Jimin solely thought their cheating was mutual because Jeongguk came to Starlight and all of the expenditure done at the bar was Tzuyu's handiwork. What did she want to indicate? Was this all foreordained and constantly mentioning Lalisa was that because his wife was insecure of Lalisa?

Jeongguk hysterically laughed at his misery. Just a night yet so many secrets unravelled.

A/N
I hope all your confusions from last chapter were cleared in this one. Let me know if you're enjoying this book so far.

Word Count: 1111