E5 | Night Together

V.

Lalisa momentarily choked on her saliva upon hearing his words. After four years of using her like a credit card, this man wanted a favour? How shameless! "I don't think we should have any transaction with each other. You're family will be quite unhappy, Mr. Jeon. Besides, I don't have anything to help you with. All my wealth is gone"

[A/N: Stream "Gone"]

A long sigh followed, "I know I wronged you and my actions were very conceited. I don't know what to do and how to apologise. My actions..They've been repaid, I guess you could tell karma is a bitch" he let out a bitter chuckle, then continued, "My wife, she's been cheating on me for God knows how long. Tonight I caught her red-handed with another man entering Starlight." A lone tear fell from his eyes. 

Cold breeze gushed in causing the women to shudder a little. Her eyes moistened as she heard his words. Oh how the tables have turned. "Maybe you're just misunderstanding your wife. If you caught her with another man doesn't mean she's cheating on you. What the naked eye witnesses isn't always the truth. Let her open up to you and if she really repents her actions then, it's in your hands to decide." 

Right in front of his eyes, he noticed the blonde shivered. Eventually, he tried to initiate his coat but he saw how she pulled herself together and continued to speak. When she finished, his eyes were glued onto her. He noticed how her eyes lit up every time she spoke, her intricate details and long lashes flapped every time she blinked. 

To be accounted, her words threw daggers at him on the exact wounds. Maybe she also tried to trust him but the difference was Jeongguk was actually cheating on her and Tzuyu's side was foggy. 

Jeongguk's eyebrows knitted together. 

"Lisa did you perhaps find out I was cheating before we even divorced?"

It was Lalisa's turn to grow pale. Her grasp on the metal keys trembled. "It's cold, I should return back. You should as well" She dodged the question. Slowly walking away. Jeongguk picked up his pace as he saw her move. There was definitely something she was hiding from him.

As Lalisa opened the door to her shared apartment, she saw another figure enter following her. A smell filled the entire house, Jeon Jeongguk had trailed behind her. 

Just what did this man want now?

Ignoring the latter, Lalisa threw her bag on the sofa and poured herself a glass of water. Seeing her ignoring his existence, he pulled her by the waist and locked his gazed with hers. "Lalisa, is something hindering you?" Jeongguk asked softly.

His affectionate voice could melt the past Lalisa who could be coaxed with sweet words and gifts but not the present. She instantly freed herself from his grip. "The exit is that way." and  then pointed, "Please leave. My roommate wouldn't appreciate a male in our apartment at this time." 

The smile on his face didn't leave yet. "Lalisa, I haven't talked to you about the favour i need" Beads of sweats formed on her forehead.

If this man lingered around for one more second, She wouldn't hesitate about the murder charges imposed on her if she killed him.

Her palms rubbed her temples as she motioned him to speak. Jeongguk saw how exhausted she looked, a worried look painted on his face. He took her glass of water and filled it before placing it in front of her. 

The doorbell curtly rang, making Lalisa and Jeongguk freeze in their positions. Oh crap! Chaeyoung was back home! Lalisa frantically pulled Jeongguk's armed and took him to her bedroom. "You stay here! I want pin-drop silence or else I'll kill you."

His eyes roamed around the white bedroom. A bed, cupboard and a nightstand, minimalist. Just like their house. His eyes fixated on a golden frame, it was a picture of her teens with her mom and another boy around her age. He was taller than her and stood beside her, holding hands.

"Ah Jimin oppa! Welcome" He heard her nervous voice. "Lisa, you should go back to sleep. I'll pot her to bed. And oh before you leave, could you show me where the coffee beans are? I'll quickly brew her a cup of coffee."

Her?

Shortly afterwards, Lalisa stormed into the bedroom. Clutching her chest, she heaved a sigh. She seemingly forgot she had another turbulence stored in for her. "Why was hyung here" Jeongguk asked.

right. he was still in her bedroom. Fuck, how to get over this mess. Lalisa sat on her bed facing him, "Jimin oppa is here to drop my roommate. He'll leave soon" Words of those men at Starlight relapsed in Jeongguk's brain. It was true, Jimin did like one of the dancers. However, the dancer wasn't Lalisa.

"Is your roommate the other dancer at the club?" Jeongguk asked. Lalisa nodded her head, "And also the one who helped me after you relished my mother's money." A huff escaped from his mouth. Can this woman really not forget the matter? Perhaps not, he really did wrong her in the worst way possible and there was no plausible excuse that could uphold his dignity. 

Their ears perked as a soft knock on the door was heard. They both looked at each other with their eyes widened and quickly refracted their gazes. "Lalisa, I'll have to stay tonight. Chae's been crying. We'll be in the living room. Call me if you need something." 

Lalisa's eyes moved to the clock, It was 10 minutes past 4 in the morning. Her heartbeat increased. It is likely that Chaeyoung will wake up at noon and Jimin will probably have lunch with them. That ultimately lead to the conclusion.

Her and Jeongguk have to spend the night together!

The latter could understand the situation quite well. If Jimin occupied the living room, it was impossible for Jeongguk to escape under his nose. After all, serving in the military had to pay off. Jimin couldn't just let his guards down.

Frustrated, Jeongguk pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. When he was about to light it, a whisper-shout sounded in the background, "Mr. Jeon! You have rhinitis, you can't possibly smoke. It will harm you health and also, I'm allergic to the smell of cigarettes. You're at my place, please stay composed. You can't do something that is contradictory to my will."

The cigarette was lit before she could finish her sentence. Jeongguk immediately stubbed the cigarette bud and threw it into the dustbin and dusted of his hands on his blazer before muttering, "I'm sorry."

Damn, even after 2 years, she still had control over him. Around her, he was an obedient puppy.

Word Count: 1159